I hate it when I'm wrong

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Ralphie, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Ralphie

Ralphie 500+ Posts

I, (formerly austintexas), have been posting with great certainty for the past several months that Rudy G. would be skating to the GOP nomination.

I have stated many times that FL was easily Rudy's, that Feb 5th would be a very bad day for Romney (which is still may be), and that Feb 6th, Rudy would be well on his way to the nomination.

But some crusty old man took on the persona of his home town of Phoenix and appears set to be the R nominee.

Who would ever have estimated that an old man with barely $1 million and no staff would find a way to vault himself back to the top of the heap and on the cusp on winning the Republican nomination for President? Not me.

So, in short, I was wrong. My presidential picks are proving to be about as spot-on as my football picks. Not spot on.

Who wins FL? Probably McCain, but what the hell do I know. Here's hoping a whole lot of Rs have already voted for Rudy, he wins FL, and proves me wrong, which I appear to be best at being. But it seems the only thing I'm right about is being wrong. Booo....

This Presidential race is like the '07 college football season.

2. rivet

rivet 500+ Posts

My take is that republicans do not want to win this one. Same with Dole and Bush second term years.
    When your leading candidate mirrors W, you have no intention of winning! The party is over and anyone else is better qualified to clean up the mess.

3. TrashMaster G

TrashMaster G 250+ Posts

4. zosostein

zosostein 100+ Posts

5. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

Florida is a closed primary BUT, the DNC screwed FL dems by making the dem primary today a whole bunch of nothing and it is very easy to switch affiliation in FL, which is what I did to vote in a primary that has meaning, so this really isn't a closed primary, but I voted Romney. f that crook and supporter of tyrannical laws that restrict free speech just like in a dictatorship, McCaine he ain't a shoo in. There's a lot of us that switched, it is just a question of how the dems voted in the rep primary today. I'll be switching back next week, easy as pie.

6. Ralphie

Ralphie 500+ Posts

Good point on Romney/closed Primary. He does have a shot.

Strange. If McCain hadn't risen from the dead, is it a Rudy/Romney race? If so, does Rudy beat him in states like CA, PA, NJ, NY, Fl, etc. I think so.

McCain has effed this whole thing up for me. I likely support Mitt over McCain, simply because I can't stand McCain-Feingold. Holding my nose, of course.

7. capitalcity

capitalcity 100+ Posts

There's no way McCain will win the nomination. He's not a Republican.

8. stabone

stabone 500+ Posts

9. TahoeHorn

TahoeHorn 1,000+ Posts

I would have laid 20-1 on Hillary at one point. Not now. On the R side I never thought it was over but I too thought Giuliani looked good in November.

10. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

McCain doesn't have the money to win out on February 5th, but he has the name recognition to compete. I think that on or after February 5th, Giuliani and Huckabee will bow out.

The convetion will be very interesting because Romney, McCain and Paul will all show up with delegates. That will be interesting if McCain and Romney are close.

11. TrashMaster G

TrashMaster G 250+ Posts

12. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

my parents attended a rudy fundraiser in orlando on saturday evening, just as the FL gov was endorsing McCain. it'll be interesting to see the results from FL. if Rudy doesn't win, look for him to bow out of the race tomorrow.