I hope Marcus Johnson gets a ring

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by VYFan, Feb 3, 2018.

1. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

it is cool, and a little surprising he is in NFL, and I am proud of him. Maybe he will play a role somehow.

• Like Like x 3
  2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Also, we have Malcom Brown looking for his third ring in three seasons in the NFL and all three seasons with the Pats. Either way, another former player is a SB winner. I hope it's a good game.

• Like Like x 2
  3. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Yes, I am very proud of Malcom, too, but watching him at UT, I had no doubt he would play on Sundays. I just have to admit that with respect to Marcus, I just didn't expect it. His bio says he ran 4.39 40, and put up a lot of reps on bench press, so he had some fundamentals in place.

• Like Like x 2
  4. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

texassports says Jordan Hicks will "play" in the Super Bowl. Not sure whether that means he will actually play, or just is in line for a ring. I did see him interviewed in Minnesota this week.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

If he's cleared, I hope Jordan gets in for at least a couple of plays, so he can say he played in a SB. I'd like to see him get a ring, too especially since he 's been injury prone in college and now the pros.

6. Win

Win 100+ Posts

Hicks was put on the IR so he should be playing. He has had some hard luck with injuries. The interviews I have seen w/ him, it was mentioned that he was on the IR but on the team.

7. Win

Win 100+ Posts

I agree, Johnson being on an NFL roster shows his tenacity and hard work to get there. He probably was as a long shot as an NFL prospect. It sort of the same story with PJ Tucker in the NBA.

• Like Like x 1
  8. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I believe if the Pats win it will be the second ring for Malcom Brown.

9. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3