'I hope you enjoyed that National Championship...

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by bevorules, Feb 27, 2008.

1. LonghornMM

LonghornMM 100+ Posts

2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

3. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

4. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Tell your aggy coworker that, even if he is right, you've gotten to experience one more football championship than he ever will.

6. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

your co-worker is a ******* idoit...then again, he's an aggy...

F AGGY

7. LocoGringos

LocoGringos 250+ Posts

Hey, how about that, since aggy in 39, we have had a men's team win at least one national championship in every decade subsequent.

But actually, I think my response would have been more like "Didja enjoy your Sweet Sixteen last year? That ain't never gonna happen again neither."

8. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Huckleberry just won my coveted "Post of the Year" award.

If I ever meet you, I will buy you the beer of your choice. [​IMG]

Classic.

9. DKR777

DKR777 250+ Posts

10. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Haha, something like "yeah, I was alive to enjoy our national championship," would have worked, or "hope you enjoyed 1939, assclown" would have a nice ring to it.

11. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

statistically speaking, he was probably making a fairly safe comment/insult.

but whether you win another NC or not, it won't have anything to do with what aTm is doing... so i don't get why he takes pride in that.

12. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

I don't know. Maybe. But I do know when we won it in 1963 that within the decade after it we were to win 2 more. I feel fortunate anyway in that I enjoyed all 4 of ours while it was live. There are lots of schools that don't even have one.

13. WhoooTex

WhoooTex 100+ Posts

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

15. GhostOfTomJoad

GhostOfTomJoad 500+ Posts

16. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

This reminds me of something that happened to me and my brother the year after SMU came off the death penalty in football. It may have been year #2. Regardless.

My brother and I went to Ownby stadium to watch the Texas band enter. We were in high school and didn't have the money to actually buy the tickets so we thought seeing the band go in would be pretty cool. Some really nice lady sees us standing there and gives us two tickets. What we didn't know was that they were in the middle of the student section.

We are bombarded with some of the worst vile that one could imagine. I can handle it now, as an adult, but back then we were pretty shocked by the animosity and language directed at a 15 year-old and a 13 year-old. The loudest the stadium got was when one of our punt returners (may have been Tony Jones, can't remember for sure) got injured on a dirty, late hit.

Anyway, at some point this drunk guy walks up to us and yells (so everyone around us can hear), "I hope you know this will be the only game you win all year."
    My brother turns to him and yells back, "IT'LL BE ONE MORE THAN Y'ALL."

Probably not the coolest story unless you were there, but the memory was triggered by this topic.

17. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

not sure why you are getting so bent out of shape. ****, it is safe to say that you won't win another why mack is still coaching. and it has nothing to do with how good of a coach he is. there is a lot of luck involved. my god, you are all fans, should know this. you are one of the winningest programs of all time and you only have four.... in like 60 years.

based on that, i would say it will be a while before you win another. hell yes you could win it next year or the next, but statisically speaking, it is unlikely.

18. CajunHorn

CajunHorn 100+ Posts

That's so classic Aggy. We enjoy the ones we have while they "enjoy" the ones we don't have. The common denominator is that it's all about The Longhorns.

19. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

"statistically speaking, he was probably making a fairly safe comment/insult."

I know that in the land of the toofless the only thing that counts is football, but good lord man UT has won 8 national championsips since 2000. I think there's a good chance we'll see many more in my life time.

Texas has won 46 during my life so far.

20. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

21. blueag09

blueag09 250+ Posts

22. WhoooTex

WhoooTex 100+ Posts

In reply to:

23. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

24. SINCE73

SINCE73 250+ Posts

Whoo, you don't think there is a bias to those schools who have won a NC recently to be put in a better position to those schools that have never won one?
    I'd say the have/have not's are separated by the polls almost from the get-go.
    I damn sure don't think Utah State will win one in my lifetime.

25. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Hey Since what do you think of the Aggies chances of winning an NC in football in your lifetime? [​IMG]

26. WhoooTex

WhoooTex 100+ Posts

27. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

It was as awesome a sporting event as could ever be attended. Ask Texas fans about the greatest game they ever went to or saw and it involves winning national championships ask aggy and it doesnt, thats about all you need to know about aggy.

28. Bevo71

Bevo71 500+ Posts

Well, now, they have won a lot of Meat Judging National Championships! And if they ever start a national competition for nut squeezin, they'll win that one, hands down (no pun intended)! Wonder if that will ever be immortalized in Kyle Field?

As for whether I'd want any "aggy friends" to experience a natl. championship in football (or anything else)...NO. They're obnoxious enough with nothing but the football wins against us.

29. texashorne

texashorne 250+ Posts

If aggy won an NC in football they would be exponentially obnoxious to a degree which would be unfathomable. They make rings for an alamo bowl loss, imagine all the commemorative bs they would come up with to plaster everywhere.

30. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I would watch my back. Since we have won four in the last 45 years, an average of one every 11 years, aggy co-worker is saying you won't live another nine years to see, statistically speaking, the next one in football. Watch him carefully.
    Of course there will be several others in other sports to enjoy, statistically speaking, almost every year.
    That is by using statistics that are valid anywhere except mathmaticly challenged places like Oklahoma.