i know horns have had some trouble with the law

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by notreally, Jan 14, 2008.

1. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

2. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

Next thing you know a Tenn player will get caught with scales, baggies and marijuana in his dorm room. Wouldn't it be funny if Tenn then kicked him off the team. I bet no school would stoop to a level low enough to take on such a kid if something like that happened.

3. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

well, to be fair to Lynn, he turned about to be a pretty good dude and never got in trouble again. it also must be noted the coaches had a previous relationship with him and felt they could trust him... despite the fact he was selling weed like a dumbass.

Lynn is a good example of why kids should be given second chances.

4. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

Maybe it's just me, but I see a pretty large difference between a misdemeanor and a wholesale drug ring running out of one's dorm room. The fact that he turned out "ok" doesn't excuse that he shouldn't have been offered a roster spot on another Division 1 team.

5. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

who are you arguing with? i didn't compare their situations at all. but knowing what i know about lynn macgruder, i'm saying i might have given him the second chance as well. stoops did, and it worked out good for the team and the player.

6. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Was Jameel Owens (OU recruit) participating or was he just watching the others smoke? Does he still have an offer from OU?

7. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I guess you did not go to HS with Lynn when he was in Texas or keep in touch with him when he went to what, Nevada? Because I know two that did and your comments are way off as you did not know the young man. There is a reason why no schools other than ou went after him.

Think about it, even Phil Fulmer could not keep him on board. My god man, that is like the devil not being able to be evil enough.

8. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

9. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

Don't act like Mack Brown never gives a kid a second chance. He's reluctant to continue extending the favor, though.

10. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

MB does give 2nd chances sometimes, and really I don't have a problem with coaches giving kids a 2nd chance.

But I think its interesting that an OU fan is posting a story about a Tenn recruiting trip on a UT board, a story that has nothing to do with UT at all, and he chooses to mention in the title that Horns have had problems with the law. Why isn't the title, Tenn players get busted during a visit, or OU recruit in the car when Tenn players arrested, or Interesting trip for Jameel Owns, or any of a million other titles that describe the story but do not bash Texas?

11. Mikeinthebox

Mikeinthebox 100+ Posts

oh my god! two college students got caught with weed?!?!? stop the presses

12. wright11

wright11 25+ Posts

13. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

14. AstroVol

AstroVol 500+ Posts

In reply to:

15. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

geez. tough ******* crowd. there was no ill intent in the posting of this story. cited then.... i didn't catch that. you act like i am throwing somebody under the bus. two players got got with weed in the car while hosting an official visit. i thought it was newsworthy. ****.

16. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

17. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

18. Orange Salad Ranch

Orange Salad Ranch 250+ Posts

19. Mikeinthebox

Mikeinthebox 100+ Posts

let me just also say that we have had some pretty big issues recently. we HAVE had problems with players connected to drug use/possession, and worse. glass houses something rocks something something [​IMG]

20. marley

marley 500+ Posts

uh . . . ou players and coaching staff have problems with NCAA rules . . .

21. Orange Salad Ranch

Orange Salad Ranch 250+ Posts

So Mike, where are these players now? They aren't on the team because they were immediately kicked off, which is a lot different than recruiting and then signing a known drug dealer.

22. Mikeinthebox

Mikeinthebox 100+ Posts

Orange, I'm not discussing Jameson Curry. I'm talking about the initial post. He said, "at least nothing like this has happened" and it has. We had four guys get pulled over one time, and I believe there were drugs and a gun involved.

23. Lancehorn

Lancehorn 250+ Posts

Why can't I ever find any weed?