I love watching Michigan offense

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by X Misn Tx, Sep 4, 2017.

1. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

That's a real pro style. If I was an OL, QB, or TE, I'd want to go there.

2. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

That's nice.

3. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

you are!!!

4. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

Just remember to wake me up on that during the season that they finally win that elusive East Division Championship!

• Like Like x 1
  5. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Wolverines are one of my 'most liked' Big 10 teams along with OStU, Wisconsin and NW, but I don't care for the coach and his ways to beat the system.....!!

6. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Watching that game, I was wishing THAT was us. Power football. Solid, physical defense, aggressive on offense.

7. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Harbaugh was given marching orders from the Pope this offseason. He cannot be stopped.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

That aggressive offense only managed 1 offensive TD against the vaunted Air Force Falcon defense. Looks like blustery rhetoric to me.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Horn2RunAgain

They didn't use the whole playbook vs AFA. Oh my.... Harbaugh is an awful coach now, his offensive scheme sucks.

if you have to comment on each thread praising a power based offense, go,for it. The obsession continues.

10. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

Right, the "obsession."

11. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I loved watching our receivers in our game, but we managed 10 offensive points in regulation.

I still prefer to watch a pro style offense to whatever style we call ours.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

And if people would just limit it to that, I'd be ok with it. The very legitimate objection I have is when people infer these silly and frivolous notions that somehow that offensive philosophy is in anyway in the same league as the spread, which is what's dominating the sport from the top down. Unlike the dinosaurs that furiously masturbate over that falderal, I don't need to parrot empty rhetoric like Anakin Skywalker's inane and inarticulate promos about the Dark Side of the Force which were spoon fed to him by demagogues like Sheev Palpatine. I don't need to resort to that because the data is right in front of us. It speaks for itself. I mean seriously, some of you read exactly like the Shawn character in Bad Teacher.

The pro style does not possess unlimited power, it doesn't scare anyone with a shred of common sense that knows it can be beaten silly, and its methods are absolutely dwarfed by certain others. The fact that some either don't like it or they don't like the way people like myself say it doesn't in any way mitigate the fact that it's happening just the same.

Regarding the fact that Texas scored 10 in regulation, there's absolutely no tangible reason whatsoever to believe that they'd have fared anywhere remotely better with that Michigan system. In fact the available evidence overwhelmingly suggests they'd have fared considerably worse. If there were evidence to the contrary, I'd be willing to read/listen, but using the word "power" as an entire sentence (like "Denny Crane") isn't evidence.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  13. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i think one man's furious masturbating to folderal, is another man's furious masturbating to level headedness. but who am i to allow another man to furiously masturbate to his own choosing?

i'll let the wiser among us choose for me and i'll furious masturbate to that.

14. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

I probably should have just left it in the words of James E. Cornette as far as the original topic was concerned:

For those who are into that kind of thing, that’s the kind of thing they’re into.

15. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

I'll take whatever offense churns out over 500 yards against a top 20 defense with a freshman QB.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Horn2RunAgain

And the obsession continues. Thank you for chiming in after their only loss so far.

Give it up man, Harbaugh is winning at a high percentage. It's his style, his record.

17. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

Right, the “obsession.”

EDIT: And just so that you're aware, I actually had the courtesy to look into this charge the last time you vomited that inferior nonsense and found exactly what I was expecting to find: it's a bunch of ********. You said "if you have to comment on each thread praising a power based offense, go,for it."

I looked through the available posting history and found absolutely nothing, unless you count a one-liner I threw out there in December of 2013 when the subject of replacing Mack Brown with Pat ******* Narduzzi came up.

Oh there was also a thread in September of that year where I pointed out the very obvious fact that the blueprint for stopping a wishbone offense has been out there for multiple generations, but I never cursed it for the times it was predominantly used. In fact I actually did a Landry Grade for the 1969 Arkansas game and specifically praised Bellard for the game he called.

And speaking of Bellard and the wishbone, when it was announced that we'd line up in it in the first game after DKR's passing, I specifically recommended that we run the 36 Belly play that Bellard always referred to as his "old reliable."

Seriously, there wasn't a ******* thing to corroborate that little comment of yours, and I didn't even understand why you made it...

...that is until I typed in a search term that I know I used the last time I'm aware this subject sort of came up. It was a thread that contained an extremely one-sided argument that I had featuring one person that was literally out of his mind like Denny Crane thinking that if he said "power!!!" enough times, that would change reality.

Wanna know who that person was? It was a poster named Horn2Run, and it was 6 ******* years ago (October 2011). And that thread wasn't even about that (it was about the need to play freshmen). Seriously, you're coming here bearing a 6-year old grudge over a stupid argument in which you were clearly in over your head. Who's the obsessed one again?

And as for Harbaugh, I really don't care about him one way or the other. I've said he's a great coach for the last 5 or so years, and he is. What I object to is when sycophants like yourself run around like chickens with your tiny little heads cut off touting the I-formation/power run concept as the Silver Bullet to all of football. That's just Land of Make Believe and Pretend ****.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  18. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

As long as those results are consistent. Surely you wouldn’t want to pin hopes on a one-hit wonder

19. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

I say we go back to the days when both teams put their best 11 guys out there and they played both ways. That would be some entertaining "stuff" right there! :deadhorse:

Oh yeah, almost forgot! It's 8:37 AM and :ousucksnana:

20. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

And now we're in agreement ;)

21. Horn2RunAgain

You really need a life, I gotta tell ya. (Smile and laugh emoticon, here)

Not sure how you can call me a Harbaugh sycophant. I like the style offense he rolls out. That's where it ends. Maybe you should grasp that much, in addition to that not being the only offensive style I like to see.

As for the rest of your post, ...."vomit, inferior nonsense, chicken with its head cut off"... The crap you posted, all apply to your rant. In all serious manners you need help.

22. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

I didn't. I called you a sycophant to that outdated offensive philosophy that he uses, and you clearly are.
    It isn't because you act as if it's akin to the Dark Side of the Force: replete with unlimited power. The fact that you lack the prerequisite self-awareness to see that doesn't make it just disappear.
    I attach as much value to pseudo-psychology recommendations like these from people like you, especially when they come bearing 6-year old grudges all butthurt about an argument they had on the ******* internet, as I do to the dust on the floor.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017