I need a break from all of this

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by biganakhanhda, Aug 8, 2012.

1. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

My battery is drained with the Political warfare not only here, but from the rest of the country. I'm gonna go on a week long fishing trip with a buddy to Caddo Lake, if you need me, I won't be around for a week. If you email or call me, good luck because there is very little reception out there, not a bad thing to have when you want to escape from all this bickering, better yet, I'll just turn my cell off and leave the laptop at home while there.

See yall in a week boys and girls.

2. UT1986

UT1986 500+ Posts

Enjoy the fishing Biganakhanhda! Two things:

1. Your worst day fishing is better than your best day at work!
    2. Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in Texas.
    3. Well, let me add one more thing. Since you are younger you may not know too much about him. Don Henley of The Eagles fame grew up in Linden, Texas not too far from Caddo Lake. I used to do environmental consulting work for a chemical company in Marshall, Texas and the environmental/safety guy at the plant had a picture of Caddo Lake signed by Don Henley stating "Keep Caddo Lake Natural" or something to that effect.

Enjoy the fishing!

3. UT1986

UT1986 500+ Posts

Enjoy the fishing Biganakhanhda! Two things:

1. Your worst day fishing is better than your best day at work!
    2. Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in Texas.
    3. Well, let me add one more thing. Since you are younger you may not know too much about him. Don Henley of The Eagles fame grew up in Linden, Texas not too far from Caddo Lake. I used to do environmental consulting work for a chemical company in Marshall, Texas and the environmental/safety guy at the plant had a picture of Caddo Lake signed by Don Henley stating "Keep Caddo Lake Natural" or something to that effect.

Enjoy the time away from the rat race!

4. UT1986

UT1986 500+ Posts

Sorry for the double post. Technology challenged today.

5. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

Thanks for the well wishes UT1986. I'm about to blow your mind with this post. I can't get away from you HF, I'm addicted, that's okay though, I'll indulge in my guilty pleasure for one last night before I leave for Caddo tomorrow.

1. I've heard that plenty of times, that's similar to the motto I live by. My motto is work to live not live to work, but live to fish not fish to live. My voicemail for my phone goes "Hi this is Khanh, sorry I missed your call, I'm either working or I'm fishing, pick one".

2. Me and this buddy have been going to Caddo lake for a few years now on an annual basis, we intend to keep this a tradition long into our futures. I love Caddo lake, you're right it is the only natural lake in Texas, or half of a lake, the other half being in Louisiana where those damn Giant Salvinia has almost taken over their side, very sad to hear, hopefully the TPWD can keep it from crossing into our side, or at least control it. The lake just puts me at ease when I'm there because I feels like it is a step back in time, the beauty at the lake is just priceless, it feel very prehistoric.

3. Lastly, this is going to BLOW your mind. Yes I may be younger, but the last 7-8 years, I have aged in dog years, so inside I feel extremely old, my friends all tease me about it because I have a very old soul. I always like to reverse the numbers of my age when I tell people I meet for fun. There's a condensed biography about me in the You Didn't Build That thread if you care to read about it.

I love music, it literally saved my life, directly or indirectly. I know exactly who Donald Henley is as I am very familiar with his work and with him personally, sorta. Get ready for this.

So when I was a teenager working at the Banana Republic at the Dallas Galleria, where I met my wonderful fiancee and wife to be, Don Henley came in one day to purchase some Chinos and Woven shirts for a trip he had coming up to India. I, was the cashier that rang him up, so when he came to pay, I saw the name on his credit card, and I knew who he was at the time, so I asked to see his ID, he showed me. After he showed me, I go, "Don Henley huh? The Eagles Don Henley? Hotel California Don Henley? Boys of Summer Don Henley?" his reply was priceless, he goes, "Yup that's me, until The Ataris ****** it up, but that's okay though, I got paid a **** ton for it".

So every time Don would come back into the store, he would ask for me and we chat and HE was the one that told me about Caddo lake, I even had his house phone number for the house he has in Dallas at one point, lost it though when the last phone I had decided to commit suicide by going for a swim on another recent fishing trip.

Very nice that man is, I wish I knew to take a picture with him so I would have something to remind myself of the good times I had at Banana Republic. So because of him, that is what drove me to Caddo Lake and started the annual trip I have with my buddy. Every time I tell that story to people, they **** themselves laughing, after the "until The Ataris ****** it up" part.

I'll try to bring back as many fish as possible and take lots of pictures to post once I return. Take care now.

6. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

Honestly your posts are some of the most polarizing and hateful on the WM. Do you read what you post? (see good bye bigot thread) Please don't complain about the drama when you compete with a few other posters for the most inflammatory. You may want to consider not posting here if your responses reflect your emotional state and it taxes your psyche this much. An inflammatory or hateful post does very little to change any one's point of view.

7. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

Note taken NEWDOC2002. You're right, I will from now on keep my comments to myself until I can find a more effective way to express them without offending others, hurting others, and so forth. I'll be gone for a week to further humble myself.

My sincerest apologies to all those I may have hurt, offended.

Thanks for the advice doc. [​IMG]