I salute all............

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by LousianaHorn, Nov 11, 2022.

1. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

the Veterans today, thanks for your service and sacrifice for our Nation............

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

:hookem2::hookem2::hookem2::hookem2::usa:

• Like Like x 2
  3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yes, a sincere THANK YOU to all veterans that have served our GREAT country!!!

:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

4. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Thank you to all veterans

:usa:

5. Texadelphia

Texadelphia 1,000+ Posts

For all my Marine Brothers and Sisters - Happy 247th! Semper Fi.

Marine Corps Birthday - The Most Underrated American Holiday

• Like Like x 2
  6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Thought of my broad family that served our military today. About 10 served in WW2. Several in Korea.

I was the oldest of the next generation and was #38 - 1A fall 1972. Came very close to being drafted for service in Vietnam.

Today, I especially thought of my Navy Uncle from Kermit TX. Joe was a Navy / Marine Corpsman on June 6, 1944 at Omaha beach. Survived and was at Okinawa landing where he served until wounded by a grenade. Survived. Came home, owned a Pharmacy and was Mayor of Kermit TX for a time.

Joe died in Gilmer TX at 94 years old several years ago ... wife said he had nightmares throughout his life, rarely spoke of the war.

I / we cannot imagine the absolute ghastly violence of battle, mayhem, horror, screaming wounded and unending death my Uncle saw and had to deal with on those beaches. Movie: Saving Private Ryan made me weep thinking of what my uncle experienced.

Today I humbly remember him, others in my family and many others that served our country.

:usa: :usa: :usa:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022