I took Napolitano's 'test'

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ScoPro, Apr 17, 2009.

1. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

2. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Damn it....! I'm also a terrorist. How could I have allowed this to happen...?

3. Fightin' Horn II

Fightin' Horn II 500+ Posts

Yeah, it's Napolitano. [​IMG]

Nevermind the same report was released by the Bush Administration in the Fall. but don't let factts get in your way. Keep knocking down those straw men.

4. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

Profiling is a *****, huh? You are showing the same outrage that a Muslim in a turbin feels when he is at the airport. Everyone assumes he is a terrorist and is scrutinized heavily.

Did you feel the same outrage about profiling people of Middle Eastern decent?

Did we ever start doing background checks on ex-military people that rent U-Hauls?

5. crizistre

crizistre 500+ Posts

Where is the outrage from the ACLU regarding this report? They are all up in arms over Muslims acting funny on airplanes and rush to their defense. I'd take more stock in what Yo said if there was actually any evidence that people of middle eastern decent are actually screened more closely at airports. I do know, however, that in 2002 my then 85 yo white grandmother in a wheel chair was pulled aside and searched thoroughly!

6. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

7. crizistre

crizistre 500+ Posts

There was an incident on a plane pre-flight a few years ago where passengers became uncomfortable with a group of Muslim men who were acting strange. I can't remember the details but the men ended up trying to sue the passengers who complained... with the full backing of the ACLU.

8. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

They were musicians who missed a concert because of the act. I'm not sure the nervousness of a passenger is grounds for throwing another passenger off a plane. They probably should have offered the complaining party another flight.

The example is not a good one for you.

9. crizistre

crizistre 500+ Posts

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same incident, Roma. The one I was referring to involved a group of six imams in Minneapolis. Three of the men had one way tickets and only one had luggage. Most of the men requested seat-belt extentions even though non was obese. Two men had seats in the front, two in the middle, and two in the back of the plane.

According to the original news report, one of the passengers, in retrospect, thought it was a setup by the men to garner media attention.

10. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

11. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

ScoPro, sorry if I'm wrong but didn't you say a while back that you wanted to shoot an Obama supporter if they knocked on your door?

12. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

13. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts