I went Woke. I experimented with the wrong crowd. Now I really am going broke.

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by NRHorn, Apr 12, 2023.

1. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

…said Mr. Budweiser.
    When I first ran across the influencer Bud chose to go woke with, I knew this would be akin to stepping on a land mine.
    This Bouncing Betty is what I’ve been hoping for.
    Thanks Bud, for pushing the envelope and I hope you continue to lose your market share.

• Like Like x 2
  2. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

I suggest they can the lady who started this and hire a frat boy to reinvigorate sales.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HalRex

HalRex 1,000+ Posts

A certain fellow named Blutarsky comes to mind.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Anheuser Busch is down about $6billion in market cap since that cross dressing **** bag promoted Bud Light.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Sangre Naranjada

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  7. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

"Bud Light Presents - Real Men of Genius. Today we salute you marketing guy who knows his audience. There's a frat party with lots of Bud Light and you kept that stereotype going for your bosses and shareholders. You're not like other marketers who drive sales down by radically changing things for the worse so crack open an ice-cold Budweiser. You deserve it."

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Back when Bud had good ads.

But Coors did even better back then.

And one of my favorites was from Miller Light from when I was a kid, and they used the great Joe Piscopo. And politically incorrect.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Ha ha. Can you imagine a bunch of trannies sitting around belting down Bud lights? Me neither.

My limited experience on this subject involved living next door to a lesbian couple. We became friends and they came over to watch a few sports events with me. They were big sports fans. Their brew of choice was Stella Artois. The “wife” of the pair was a fitness trainer and she was hot. The “husband” was short and dumpy and had a strong Boston accent. I secretly hoped the fitness trainer would switch teams for me. Didn’t happen. They’re still together and living in Colorado quite happily.

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

They probably don't eat barbecue either. Those places better not go woke.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

The ML one would be destroyed today by the woke for being racist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sangre Naranjada

Was that Joe Piscopo, or @horninchicago ?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  14. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Winner.

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Bud/Bud Light/Anheuser Busch is in a tough place now.

So many red-blooded Americans now won't drink their beers because of all the silly woke stuff.

The woke crowd won't drink their beer because of the (mostly) low quality.

A. Busch/Bud/Bud Light did this to itself.

Business schools should use this as a case study of what NOT to do.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

If things are so dire abd REI is losing so much money why are they not closing until 2024.
    Why announce it a year ahead.
    Walmart didn't announce closing in Chicago until 3 days before.

18. horninchicago

I don't prefer pepperoni.

:coolnana:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. horninchicago

You mean business schools at predominantly woke universities? Yeah...

20. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

What good would extra security do REI? About all they could do would be to ask politely “please don’t throw that brick at our store” or call the cops who would do the same thing if they bothered to show up. Portland is pretty close to having “The Purge” in real life.

21. Sangre Naranjada

Hard for Ivy League business schools to use this as a case study, because the real underlying cause is that Anheuser Busch hired an Ivy League business graduate to lead marketing.

However, that shouldn't stop real schools from using this as a case study

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Beat me to it. This should be in the Harvard Business Review, but it won't because Alissa Heinerscheid went to Harvard! Instead, the HBR case study will say how difficult it is for a woman to lead a boys club topic. Ready for another funny article on her? From Feb 2023: Bud Light Signals New Era In Marketing

"
    The Super Bowl will kick off a new marketing era for Bud Light, and a woman is at the helm for this new direction.

Alissa Heinerscheid, vice president of marketing for Bud Light, is the first woman to ever lead the popular brand.

“As the first woman to lead the biggest beer brand in the world, it’s an amazing opportunity to really evolve and elevate Bud Light, this brand I love,” says Heinerscheid.

Heinerscheid says, one strategic priority was to make sure that women were represented. “Female representation is a personal passion point of mine,” she says.
    "

Yes, it's the same lady. No wonder she picked a tranny since female representation is her passion!

23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The lease ends on Feb 2024, but I suspect they will be winding down earlier than that. Maybe it was going to be known publicly soon enough as the landlord advertises to lease it out.

Oregon Live noted that the REI store is expected to close in early 2024 as the lease expires in February.

24. Sangre Naranjada

So she picked a dude whose claim to "fame" is prancing around in women's clothing, and behaving in a manner that should be highly insulting to all real women since women's representation is such a personal passion point.

***** should have been fired already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. horninchicago

Remember, woke people hate men. So, any "man" who wants to be a woman is a hero for denouncing manhood. It puts them above actual women who are women not by choice but by birth.

Clear as mud?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Where do women who want to be men go on the woke totem pole?

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Scenes like this at sporting events all across the country
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Does that name mean "shy rear-end" in German...?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  29. horninchicago

The bottom. They are the worst.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

They are still considered women. Once a victim, always a victim.