I went Woke. I experimented with the wrong crowd. Now I really am going broke.

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by NRHorn, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Anything trans is pretty high right now. It's well above white women and Hispanics and probably above blacks (definitely black men).

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Wokeness aside, I don't think she understands beer drinkers. She's trying to make Bud Light more appealing to people like her - pretentious white liberal young people. The problem is that these people have consciously rejected not only Bud Light but cheap redneck beer in general. Even if they like Bud going woke, they can easily find a woke craft beer. They're not going to drink ****** beer just because they put a dude in a dress on their can.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Her argument was the BL core customer population is dwindling. But just as you aren't going to create a new customer base trying to sell jacked up dual cab Ford pickups to NYC Prius drivers you're not going to make a woke Ivy Liberal a BL drinker. You have to create a new product, not try to change one that is the polar opposite of what they are currently. I think I learned that my first couple of days in MKT337.

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I get that, and that's sorta my point. I understand the dwindling customer population, but I don't think going woke is going to save them. It might make Ivy liberals like them more, but will it entice them to ditch craft beers (many of which are also woke) and buy Bud Light? I just don't see it. The craft brewers make a dramatically better product, and they're less "corporate," which also appeals to Ivy liberals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Since Heinerscheid is Harvard educated, I suspect she read the Marlboro case study. To review, it launched in the 1920s and successfully targeted women. In the 1950s, it still had pretty low market share since men were the predominate smokers. The signs of cigarettes causing lung cancer worried Marlboro execs so they introduced the macho Marlboro Man in advertisements to keep men from giving up smoking. The transformation worked since we all now think of it as a man's brand.

The difference between that and Bud Light is pretty stark. She got this wrong! In the 1950s, men were 50% of the available market and women didn't generally think men were mentally ill. In the 2020s, transgenders and their ardent supporters make up - what, 10% of the population? - and frat guys generally do think transgenders are mentally ill.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

One of the original Marlboro men was a graduate of The University of Texas, member of Phi Delta Theta, donated all his earning to the West Texas Mohair Growers Association. Woolies are only found three places in the world, with there being more in West Texas than anywhere else.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Sabre
    You know all the best stuff.
    Yes it was for cigarettes which at the time people didn't know how pernicious they were. But how cool he donated his money to a Texas industry.

10. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

No pun intended?

11. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

No pun, just racism against Indians with the "totem pole". Oops...

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

I bet he pulled a lot of wool.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

14. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

These came from the link above.

"Transheuser-Busch". Seems appropriate.

"Heinerscheid said that she had a "Mandate from day 1" to woke the Bud Light brand.

Who issued the "mandate"?

Yeah, the "top execs" that just put her "on leave".

Why not fire her?

Because then she'd have a lawsuit and we'd find out the "mandate" came from the very top of InBev."

It's going to be a long climb back.

15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

They deserve it.
    I hate that it affects thousands of employees
    BUT it has to stop somehow

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

I agree from experience. I used to work for one of the top IT companies in the world and when the founder passed, the new executive team ran the company into the ground. Fortunately, after the Friday layoff, I had been proactive and had a job the following Monday. Others were not so lucky.

17. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Maybe her boss, Daniel Blake. They both took a LOA. If Blake didn't communicate his plan to the executive team then he certainly should be fired.

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That actually wouldn't keep her from having a lawsuit. You don't have to be fire someone to get sued for discrimination. Any "adverse employment action" is enough.

I think they declined to fire her, because they know it would put a big target on the company's back for the Left to come after it. And of course, it would make her a hero to the Left.

19. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

In all seriousness (not really...), why not let a drink pretending to be a beer have a spokesperson who is a man pretending to be a woman?

20. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Because I don't want them on my TV

21. Sangre Naranjada

I really couldn't care less if Dylan Mulvaney wants to dress like a woman and pretend. But it galls the hell out of me when ****-for-brains corporate types pay him money for any reason whatsoever, and especially when they pay him to tell me about their products.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

You may have missed the joke with the "In all seriousness (not really...)" part. To get technical, he's on Instagram not TV.

Interesting that Fox News has gone woke on transgenderism.

"The controversy began when the brand sent transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney a personalized pack of beer that featured her likeness as part of an ad for the company's March Madness contest and to celebrate one year since Mulvaney began identifying as a woman."

Fmr Anheuser-Busch exec on Bud Light marketing VP taking leave of absence: Who will it be accountable to?

23. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

• poop poop x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

25. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

You're right, but that is insane. Women should be more angry about this than men!

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. Sangre Naranjada

Smart women who haven't been brainwashed by the left are angry about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

Wait a week then it will be 75% off.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Soon after they will be 100% off, like their spokesdouche.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

30. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1