I would not want to be

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Rexy, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

at practice tomorrow [​IMG]

I have a feeling it will be anything but pleasant - just like that game was anything but pleasant.

It was just an all around stinky game - let's hope we got that out of our system and can start fresh on Sunday. That was not the Texas team that beat ASU and DePaul!

By the way though, Iowa State damed near beat Oklahoma - it was tied with about a minute to go. Kansas State beat down A&M AT HOME, Kansas played the heck out of Oklahoma State, and Tech played Baylor close. WHEW! Every game is going to be a dogfight!

2. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Welcome to the Big 12 Coach G! [​IMG]

3. UTalltheway

UTalltheway < 25 Posts

i'm thinking they are going to be running, a lot

4. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner 100+ Posts

FWIW, the Cyclones ALWAYS gives OU fits. For all her success at OU, tonight was only the 2nd time Coale has won at Ames (the other was in '06 when she ran the conference slate). It's very nice to get that one out of the way early.

5. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

The Big 12 play has started and it is what all of us had anticipated. We're going to have to bring our "A" game to every game we play. No slacking and no gimme's!

Ladies let's dust ourselves off and get back to work. Let's chalk this to a lesson learned. I'm sure Coach is drilling into their brains NO PASSION NO POISE! Hopefully the remaining games will be MUCH PASSION MUCH POISE! And I love that she took responsibility and said we're not going to blame it on Carla not being 100%. That cuts out all of the shoulda, coulda, woulda and holds the team responsible for their actions. I LOVE IT! This teaches them to depend on whose on the floor and if we play our game w/ what we have we can win. LOVE IT! No BIG I'S or little u's. We're a TEAM!

Welcome to Big 12 Coach, Welcome to Big 12.

I still say we have one of the most competitive conferences. This is going to be great. No one will sweep and it will be a fight until the end. I sure hate that the Big 12 conference is during the middle of the week. I would sure love to see it in person.

6. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

cynt,
    I agree with you 100% and I love the way Coach responded to the loss - I'm sure the team will find this just one of many "learning experiences" under this coaching regimen. It will be interesting to see how they respond this Sunday.

I'll be there with bells on to cheer them on, no matter the outcomes!

HOOK'EM!

7. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

8. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

Just so everyone is clear, the K-State / A&M game was in College Station.

9. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Yes, that's what I meant that KSU beat A&M at College Station - however, it was not clear. thanks.

10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sure was a pitiful way to start conference play. You're right in that practice up to the KSU game is likely to be brutal. I think that the team may have to get along without Carla for a few games. KSU is bringing another strong post game to town. The Horns are going to have to keep them off the boards and make some shots to win. It should be an interesting game Sunday.

11. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts