IAH frequent fliers

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by gecko, Sep 16, 2010.

1. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

I'm in and out of IAH about 3 times a month. Over the last 30 days I've been surprised by the lack of travelers in Continental terminals C and E. The planes seem full but the terminal is deserted. I've been getting upgraded off of some really cheap fares lately as well. Its almost like I'm never in coach anymore.

I took a trip out last week and this week and I went through security with about 3 other people. It almost seems universal. I returned from LGA yesterday morning and at 6:50am for a 7:30 departure I was the only person going through the security line.

Anyone else experiencing the same...?

2. MAROON

MAROON 250+ Posts

summer's over

at least that is what the security guy told me when I boarded a plane at IAH a few weeks ago.

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

As I told that carpetbaggin son of a ***** Jeff Smizek, "No, there isn't a second son in the sky. That new brightness is the gleem from the smiles of the Southwest shareholders celebrating CAL's takeover by United."

United has had the worst service in the country since Robert Crandall retired from American. Smizek lined his pockets and needs to get the hell out of Harris County and head back to either Princeton or Harvard. CAL service is already hurting from employee cutbacks.

I'll continue to fly CAL because I'm in Houston and that's the only nonstop choice.

4. taco

taco 250+ Posts

CO service has gone downhill. I used to fly a lot and it was always with them. Lately we've taken some family trips here and there and Ive noticed they have dropped a lot. I was actually impressed with delta a few weeks ago, I remember them being horrible.

5. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

I just flew back to DC from Austin on Continental and while I was not impressed with their service, I love being able to watch football on DirecTV.

The best service that I've received has been on USAir.

6. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

United has had the worst service in the country since Robert Crandall retired from American. Smizek lined his pockets and needs to get the hell out of Harris County and head back to either Princeton or Harvard. CAL service is already hurting from employee cutbacks.

This merger has pissed off everyone. Continental for years had the best service record of all the major carriers and their upgrade program was great and I got upgraded all the time. They were particlularly nice on international flights. They decide to merge with the worst carrier in the nation and agree to move their headquarters. Continental has always been somewhat of a Houston institution. I have no choice but do fly them and I hope they can maintain some of their better qualities.

7. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Flew home on them last night from Boston. They have a new first class cabin configuration that I'm not fond of. The mushroom soup is the tits.

8. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

i just flew back from dc on continental. looked like a brand new plane, at least the outside, but it was the first flight ive had in a while that as completely bare bones, no tv, no video screen that flips down, nothing.

9. Lake_Travis_Horn

Lake_Travis_Horn 500+ Posts

I was on a flight to Tokyo last month and the guy next to me was a CO employee. He said that CO will be the controlling party in the merger. They kept the United name because they felt that it had more tradition, but it will be CO absorbing UAL, not the other way around.

10. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

When you flew to Tokyo, did you have to layover at the shitbox known as Newark? Ooooh does that airport ever suck.