If a Team (UT) is Destined to be Mediocre.....

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by KBBAKER, Nov 26, 2019.

1. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

If a Team (Say the Texas Longhorns, for example) is destined to be mediocre, I actually believe it would be more enjoyable to be in the SEC. I actually believe Texas A&M may be onto something. A&M is the definition of mediocrity. If you are consistently going to be 6-6, 7-5, 8-4, or the occasional 9-3, I would rather lose to Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and/or LSU than Iowa State, Baylor and TCU. Better atmospheres, better game day experiences, and better road trips. I know the path to the NC is easier in the B12, but if we're pre-disposed to mediocrity, I might enjoy a change of scenery. Just a thought. Fire away!

2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

We're not destined to be mediocre. Take 2000 - 2008.

Michigan, Bama, USC, LSU, aOSU, ND, etc. have all had prolonged dips into mediocrity. USC is right there with us now. ND was not so long ago. Michigan was in real danger of it. The great programs bounce out of it.

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I'm with Chop, plus no way I could shamelessly support the Aggy type blueprint of loading up on Abilene Christian, Lamar, and Prairie View types.

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

you OBVIOUSLY didn't make the National Championship game vs BAMA....the fan base is so bad, it made okies look like HARVARD ALUMNI....

5. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Nobody said the fan bases in the SEC were filled with college graduates, just fanatics for their respective teams....