If am loses to K-State

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by AlamoHeightsHorn, Oct 15, 2009.

1. AlamoHeightsHorn

AlamoHeightsHorn 100+ Posts

do they fire Sherman during mid season?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

No, but I can see Kines on the way out.

3. Vote For Pedro

Vote For Pedro 500+ Posts

I don't see it happening. A&M may have some issues, but KState is a very bad team. Lost to ULaLa and barely squeeked by UMass at home and a very bad Iowa State team.

4. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

If Aggy can't get it together this season, get 6 wins and get to a bowl game, you might as well right them off for the next decade.

Big 12 North teams on their schedule: Colorado, Iowa St., Kansas St. They avoid Kansas, Nebraska, and Mizz.

I know K-State sucks, but this is Aggy's first true road game. We will see, but no way they fire Sherman. They are continuing to pay Fran's contract. I don't think they can afford to continue to pay two ex-coaches while paying for Bill Cowher, Gruden, Steve Spurrier, or any other elite head coach Aggy delusionally thinks they can land.

5. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

6. Zone Read

Zone Read 100+ Posts

Its only Sherman's second year, and they are at least in some ways better than they were last year and the year before. Sherman's recruiting this year, although not a great class, is actually a pretty good one.

7. Tan Ted Deki

Tan Ted Deki 500+ Posts

anm's season rests on 2 things. Getting bowl eligible and competing hard with Texas.

If they do both of those, Sherman is safe for another year and the stakes go up a bit.

If they exceed either of those (win 8-ish or beat Texas) they will act like they are about to win a national championship.

If they do neither of those (losing record and get blown out by Texas) the heat will get very high on Sherman but Kines willl be out first and Sherman will be on a serious hot seat the following year.

I think the game in cs this year will be a tough one. It is very rare that Texas goes into cs and dominates.

8. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Kansas aggy is really really really bad, Texas aggy wins by 30.

9. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

Aggy meltdown: The Link

It doesn't get any better than this.

10. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

11. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

aTm hit rock-bottom last year, so it would be hard for them not to be at least a little better this year - and they are. But not by a whole lot. Their OL might be one of the worst in Division I (yes, I realize it is now called FBS or something like that) and every snap is a run-for-your-life adventure for Johnson. But I think Sherman's job is safe even if they were to lose out. The overall feeling from the gomers is that the cupboard was completely bare when he took over and he's at least winning the occassional recruiting battle and putting a more competitive team on the field.

As far as getting bowl-eligible, this is a huge game for them. They need 3 more wins out of:
    @ KSt
    @ TT
    ISU
    @ CU
    @ OU
    BU
    UT
    ISU should be a win and Baylor without Griffin (and at home) is now an easier game. But Colorado doesn't look nearly as bad as they did a month ago and TT, OU and UT should all win comfortably.

12. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

A&M will suck for a long time. Rick Perry and Alamo Dave McKinney are steering this ship through the reefs, so its sure to get worse before it gets better.

13. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

I'm sure Gates would loan them more money for a new coach.

14. pjohnson

pjohnson 100+ Posts

One Aggie poster trues to use the following logic to show that Mandel is an idiot and all he does is show that Mandel was correct:

"Madell is a typical "College Football Expert". He has never taken Texas A&M seriously. He basically called us all delusional a couple of years (maybe last year) ago, thinking we should be able to compete in the Big 12."

Even though Aggy can't compete in the Big XII this guy thinks Mandel was wrong when he pointed that out.

What am I missing here, other than the usual Aggy paranoia?

15. RayDog

RayDog 500+ Posts

There should be some good aggy misery next year when the get Nebraska, Kansas and Missouri and Baylor and Ok. St on the road. They could go 0 for the conference.

16. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

aggy will be competitive with K-State but will have to contend with it being an away game. Both of these teams haven't shown much, with a slight edge to aggy.

Comes down to coaching and special teams. In Manhattan, Schneider gives Sherman a wedgie.

17. RabidLonghorn

RabidLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

I thought the yearly aggy slide would begin against arkie and I was right, trust me on this, aggy wins but as Corso says, very close.
    aggy-37
    k-state-33

18. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

...OU will still suck. [​IMG]

19. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

Nothing surprises me anymore as an A&M fan except wins. I think we should be able to beat KSU but I wouldn't wager on the game. We are so damn young or should I say our talent is very young. IMO, Sherman's recruits are so much better than Fran's minus a few exceptions. Maybe if we had Fuller and Pugh for the game I would feel a little better but it's never a good thing when you play 17 freshman.

20. centexorange

centexorange 1,000+ Posts

IF??? When and it's going to be funny..

21. hornFANtastic

hornFANtastic 100+ Posts

I love when the aggy asky why everyone hates them. A proper response would overload their bandwidth.

Most people had them because they are a delusional, myopic cult of rednecks and neo-nazi's and stricty exist to talk about UT as if inverting a school's initials is funny to anyone older than four years old.

22. RobbyHorn

RobbyHorn 500+ Posts

I don't hate aggy. Aggy is an annoyance -- aggy is a gnat buzzing around the face of humanity. No matter how many times humanity swats at aggy, aggy keeps buzzing around. [​IMG]

23. AlamoHeightsHorn

AlamoHeightsHorn 100+ Posts

OK so the ags get blown out by 40+ points by the worst team in the Big XII. Now they have to travel to Lubbock where Leach is going to put 70+ on the board... does Sherman really survive back to back weekends like this with his job still?

I LOVE a good aggie melt down!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

24. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

What choice do they have but to keep Sherman? They are still paying RC and Fran off for their contracts and they signed Shermie to the retarded 7 YEAR contract, which he is 1.5 seasons into. $Bill has stretched their budget to the breaking point to win worthless Lone Star Showdowns with us in the sports that nobody gives a rats *** about. Sherman had a good recruiting class lined up, but I imagine that some of them are getting ready to bail as they realized they were sold a bill of goods called 'aggy rebuilding.' The only rebuilding going on there is to their trophy case for golf and women's track. $Bill has built them a bethemoth there. How does he have a job?!?

25. Orange&White

Orange&White 1,000+ Posts

I think that they are so used to these beat downs now that even back to back thrashings won't put Sherm on the hot seat.

26. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

Make no mistake about it, aggy & Shermy are married for another couple of lowly seasons. aggy simply cannot afford to look anywhere else, it would bankrupt them.

Although I can't put it passed the tandem of Alamo Mike McKinney and the milkman Govinator making arrangements, tactically using their political "influence" and raising aggy funds to buy their way out of this mess. Imagine one day hearing that Perry somehow finagled Fed Stimulus $$ for aggy football? The way he's using his brut force bully pulpit today for his re-election campaign, I wouldn't be the least surprised.

No doubt about it, desperation is settling in at collieville.
    [​IMG]

27. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I was absolutely shocked when I logged in saturday night and saw aggy down 38-0 at halftime. I thought for sure they had the teams backwards. Kansas aggy is downright terrible, what that says about Texas aggy is hilarious.

Tech may score 100 on them this week, they wont because it takes a lot of bad breaks that typically dont happen back to back weeks but man aggy is not good at this whole football thing.

28. LocoGringos

LocoGringos 250+ Posts

As always, Every Day Should Be Saturday nails it, complete with rapier wit [zing!] and a dismissiveness all the more devastating when it issues from a source with no a$m rooting interest one way or the other:

29. horngrad03

horngrad03 250+ Posts

30. skipperj

skipperj 100+ Posts