If Obama was a white man, he'd blow out Clinton

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by brandons87, Apr 23, 2008.

1. brandons87

brandons87 250+ Posts

If Obama were exactly the same person with white skin, the only states Hillary woulda won are Arkansas and New York.

The bottom line is that there are a lot of racist whites that wont vote for Obama simply because he's black.

I'd estimate (using exit polls) that at least 20% of Clinton voters are actively racist and refuse to vote for Obama because he's black. That margin basically erases her lead and reverses to an Obama win in just about every state.

BTW, lots of black voters are voting for Obama solely due to his race. However, voting for a person based on race is not racist in the same manner that voting AGAINST a candidate based on race is.

2. pevodog

pevodog 1,000+ Posts

If Obama was white, he'd never gotten into the race in the first place. Let's face it, well spoken, highly educated articulate whites with no resume are a dime a dozen.

3. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

There are also a lot of people who won't vote for Hillary because she is a woman.

4. brandons87

brandons87 250+ Posts

5. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

You stereotype people.

6. brandons87

brandons87 250+ Posts

I'm going by the exit poll data, which has shown that about 20% of Clinton voters "care about race"

Translation: they are racist whites who are voting against Obama

If anything those exit poll numbers are lower than real life attitudes. If 20% of Clinton voters openly admit to being racists, how many more are closet racists who are hiding their true attitude?

7. Dr.Strangehorn

Dr.Strangehorn 100+ Posts

If he was white, he wouldn't even be in the race at all.

8. HornGrandioso

HornGrandioso 500+ Posts

The man is half white. So which half is keeping him in/out of the race?

9. brandons87

brandons87 250+ Posts

10. parkerco

parkerco 500+ Posts

11. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

If Obama were white, Hillary might be winning.

12. Red Five

Red Five 500+ Posts

The "if" game here is pretty tough to play. What if John Edwards was black? How about a hispanic Hillary? What if McCain was 50?

13. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

14. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

15. OrangeChipper

OrangeChipper 1,000+ Posts

Give me a break. [​IMG]

16. pevodog

pevodog 1,000+ Posts

17. SomeMildLanguage

SomeMildLanguage 500+ Posts

Obama has a good resume, generally-speaking, but for a White House run, his resume is definitely thin. Suggesting otherwise is disingenuous.

18. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

Damnit Dude... you beat me...

"I'm going by the exit poll data, which has shown that about 20% of Clinton voters "care about race" "

how many black people are voting for Obama because of skin color?

19. stabone

stabone 500+ Posts

20. Dr.Strangehorn

Dr.Strangehorn 100+ Posts

21. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

22. Texas007

Texas007 1,000+ Posts

I won't vote for Obama at the moment because his policies are nothing but following the current administration of spending like drunk sailors. This will be of no benefit to anyone, particularly not me and I am the one he wants to foot the bill. No thanks, and this applied to every tax and spend liberal no matter what color. Nice try though. He has bigger obstacles to overcome in this election than race, and they all have to do with the categorical rejection of the tax and spend, class warfare he and his wing of the democrat party has selected as their rallying cry.

23. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

Out of curiosity, why do you say "at the moment"? It sounds like you would never vote for Obama based on fundamental policy disagreements.

24. pevodog

pevodog 1,000+ Posts

25. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

26. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

27. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

Puddle.. that's a grand slam...

btw, put this guy in.. and it's over.

[​IMG]

28. Dr.Strangehorn