If you don't believe in God...

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by Austin_Bill, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

You might want to start taking a closer look.

The book of Daniel in the Bible is a good place to start. The book is mostly about the tribulations that will happen before the 2nd coming.

Then take a long look at what is happening around the world.

World Pandemic
    open violence in our streets
    40 million locus are moving across Africa eating every plant in their path.
    Second swarm of locus has popped up in Argentina and is moving towards Brazil.
    Hail in the shape of corona virus falling on Beijing China
    A Massive dust cloud from the Sahara Desert has crossed the Atlantic ocean and headed for the United States. It's about to hit Texas.
    West coast is getting some fun earthquakes, So Cal recently had a 5.8 magnitude quake
    Mexico just got hit by a 7.4 magnitude quake
    Massive flooding in China
    Tornadoes in China

Really Bizarre Things Are Happening All Over The Globe

My take in all of this. Buckle up your seat belts, it's about to get very bumpy out there. There is about to be a huge shortage of food out there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Monahorns

Monahorns 2,500+ Posts

In Daniel 9, an angel gives the date when Jesus will enter into Jerusalem right before His crucifixion. It matches what you would estimate looking at history.

3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

For the so called scholars, that deny that the Bible is a prophetic book, this is a problem. As Daniel was written 600 years before Christ. How can a Book predict an event 600 years before it happens?

2020 is the start of some very bad things, this is the Lord teaching his own lessons to his children. Those who have eyes will see these things happening and understand, those who don't will lose all love and charity in their hearts, and act accordingly.

That is my take on these things.

• Like Like x 2
  4. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

As I heard a particularly smart *** kid say one day after being asked why he did a "bad thing", he stated, "because of bad parenting".

Next time, God should just make everything perfect so he doesn't have to visit bad things upon his creation. That would be easier for all involved. Humans would have more time to run around glorifying God, because He needs that, and God could just kick back after creating the Universe and let that glorification just wash over Him. After all, why create a universe if you don't get your creation to give you the credit and adulation 100% of their time instead of fighting grasshoppers and dust storms, chopping off peoples' heads in His name, and killing viable babies in the womb?

That's a rhetorical question. Don't act is if you have the answer.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  5. Creek

Creek 500+ Posts

I believe in God, don't know if church leaders do. They failed when they shuttered their churches because of Covid 19.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 1,000+ Posts

I would say read "The Case for a Creator" by Lee Strobel, although I doubt any atheists will read it. I would also say that I'm 100% sure that satan is the real root cause of the BLM movement. It has done and will continue to do nothing but create more racism, hatred and violence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction < 25 Posts

If you're into fiction, the Christ Clone Trilogy is a good series. Written in 1998 it is a story of the end of times as occurring in the modern day. Even back in the late 1990s you could see prophecy potentially coming to fruition.

My mom was an avid reader and good Christian woman. I asked her to read it, but I told her that if she started reading it she had to finish it. About half way through the second book, she threw it against the wall. It sat there for two days before she picked it back up.

Very scary to see these things play out all around us.

8. Creek

Creek 500+ Posts

I believe in prayer. Surely, if God wants us to worship him, he isn't going to kill off church goers worshiping him.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. nashhorn

nashhorn 2,500+ Posts

When I see Epstein, etc. and the news about the Increase in Catholic clergy abuse of children, along with all the insanity in our cities I’m reminded of ‘ if you can find 20 good men”. Scary stuff going on today, religious or not.

10. nashhorn

nashhorn 2,500+ Posts

Good heavens I forgot the major issue to me - abortion on demand - that is the most heinous attitude today, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AC

AC 1,000+ Posts

I wrote a post today that was 50/50 well received and not. To me Satan is behind BLM, Antifa and those entities that fund/ direct it. It’s DNC leaders and major donors who are directing this.

God help us. Leave us a way to escape some of these ramifications.