If you DVR'd the UCLA game...

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by That's Right, Dec 4, 2008.

1. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

You will see me and my buddy going absolutely apeshit at 16:50 left in the 2nd half right after Aj banked in his 3. That's how you cheer baby!!! F sitiing down!!!!!! sorry, I'm just so hyped up after this game, but yeah, I thought that was pretty sweet. GO HORNS!!!! WAY TO BEAT UCLA!!!! YEEEAHHHH!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Lost_In_Ohio

Lost_In_Ohio 500+ Posts

Cool. There was 16,000+ people in attendance. How are we supposed to know which ones were you and your buddy

3. IPLonghorns

IPLonghorns 250+ Posts

Grey Hoodie sweatshirt and orange longhorn t-shirt giving the horn signs? I saw you.

[​IMG]

4. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

5. Goothrey

Goothrey 100+ Posts

I remember seeing these two live and thinking "that's what I like to see". No joke. [​IMG]

6. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

Haven't reviewed the DVR, but were you the two spazzing like you were having a seizure right up in the camera? Can't remember what point of the game that was.

7. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

jimmyjazz, that may very well be us. We were going nuts. I **** you not, I swear to God, I dislocatd my jaw twice tonight screaming and had to pop it back in. Hurt like a *****. It kinda took my adrenaline rush away for a moment and I was like man, maybe I need to chill. Then Dexter went off and I was like F it, I'm screaming again. Sure enough, a few minutes later, I was screaming and pop! I was like, [Dr.Evil]Awwww, no waaaaay, no waaaayyy!!!![/Dr.Evil], so i had to just scream through my teeth the rest of the game. Was totally woth it. HOOK EM!!!!!!

8. DKR777

DKR777 250+ Posts

9. Texdoc

Texdoc 500+ Posts

Well, that too.

But seriously TR, as a doctor I feel compelled to say : Stop "dislocating your jaw" !!!

Other than that carry on & good job.

HOOK 'EM,
    Texdoc [​IMG]

10. ghost

ghost 500+ Posts

I'm sure my DVR didn't get the entire game since I had to set it remotely and couldn't add a few extra minutes. Start the game on time next time, ESPN, so I can record the entire game without having to adjust the recording length. Note to DirecTV, maybe you can add that feature (adjusting the recording length) to your remote recording. Thanks.

11. filibuster88

filibuster88 < 25 Posts

That is how you cheer! that was allsome

12. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

The jaw thing sounds like TMJ.

13. iluvthisbbteam

iluvthisbbteam 100+ Posts

Are you the same guy who screamed out juvenile insults to the Rice players? If so, you seemed to be the only person in the Erwin Center who was amused. If it wasn't you...disregard.

14. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

15. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

16. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

It more than sounds like a TMJ disorder. It is one. Subluxation is the unilateral (or bilateral) positioning of the condyle anterior to the articular eminence with repositioning to normal accomplished by physiological activity. A dislocation is the same problem but digital manipulation or muscle relaxation is required to restore normal condylar position. Sounds like subluxation is occurring by your description.

If there is not pain, there is probably no treatment indicated, unless it becomes a quality of life issue. Perhaps physical therapy or a bite guard may be of use (if bruxism or other parafunctional activity is causing the TMJ issue). If pain exists and there is dislocation with reduction (clicking sound) or disk displacement without reduction (restricted mouth opening) surgery may be indicated to tighten the problem ligament. This would be a last resort though after PT and NSAIDs or steroids are tried.

I would see who the experts are in TMJ disorders in your area. Probably there is an oral surgeon who concentrates on TMJ issues and who doesn't see surgery as a first option.

17. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

18. GoHornsGo90

GoHornsGo90 1,000+ Posts

How does that happen??? Or, better yet, how do you prevent it?

19. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Most of the common disorders involving ligaments and joints have other symptoms such as joint pain. Of the common problems, some are caused by malnutrition (or digestive disorders) while others are autoimmune. I wouldn't worry too much, but a visit to the doctor couldn't hurt.