If you leave your shopping cart...

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Uncle Rico, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Not Shinola

Not Shinola 250+ Posts

Yeah I am typical entitled aggy, whatever. Typical superior for no reason t-sips. You got a guy who can't even stay married to the woman he had kids with and the then asks a message board for advice on how to limit his child support payments. He is piling on a guy who admits he doesn't put his cart in the cart bin occasionally when he takes his kids with him to the store. Well at least I can take my kids to the store without seeing a judge first. Maybe next time spend more time working on your marriage instead of volunteer parking lot maintenance ethics.

I liked it better when you people could hold sporting events scores or signing day over our heads.

Also, loved the guy who took the time to quote grandpa "so our truck doesn't get dinged and so other people don't get dinged." Not quite "It's the right thing to do, and the tasty way to do it", but I can still see Wilford Brimley agreeing do do the PSA.

2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

3. kangsta

kangsta 500+ Posts

he made one post and it was a joke. Why do you keep attacking him specifically?

4. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

5. Not Shinola

Not Shinola 250+ Posts

6. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

Jebus, my car got slammed by a wind-and-hill-aided loose cart yesterday.

7. Not Shinola

Not Shinola 250+ Posts

8. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

Is this thread still going? Cant we move on to other people that need a nuke in the face?

9. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

10. mlchorn

mlchorn 25+ Posts

Hey Roseanne:

1. yes, I do have a pickup - if you read the post, I was commenting on scumbags who have no etiquette when it comes to the rules of the road - it was probably you in a Miata pulling out in front of me

2. yes, I was asking for advice on a toilet problem - at least it is an indoor toilet - as for the septic, it would be faulty on your part to assume the value of one's home based on this

3. as for the child support issue, I have been with my wife for 10 years, still married with 2 kids - you show your ignorance by assuming I was asking for myself

Face it Roseanne, you are a loser for leaving the cart unsecured in the parking lot - 100% of the other posters agree.

11. TXSooner518

TXSooner518 250+ Posts

12. Not Shinola

Not Shinola 250+ Posts

13. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

Wow....

Who would have thought this thread would be going where it is now ?

There is a simple solution to this whole thing.
    If you have kids or are too lazy to put your cart in it's proper place when you are finished unloading your groceries then have one of the sackers take your cart out for you. They offer this service at most stores (except Wal Mart). And if you are buying groceries at Wal Mart then you have much more disturbing issues anyway.

14. mlchorn

mlchorn 25+ Posts

Wasn't it?
    Clever huh?

15. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

16. ghost

ghost 500+ Posts

17. idigTexas

idigTexas 1,000+ Posts

Meh. Cart people deserve a quick and painless death I guess, but the cigarette butt people deserve slow painful torture.

18. shotgun427

shotgun427 250+ Posts

19. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

20. beencounting

beencounting 500+ Posts

just noticed the Walmart cart corral sign

"Walmart is not responsible for damages caused by carts" (wording may not be exact, but that was the main point).

How can this be? i thought the General Liability policy would cover this? any of you legal eagles want to explain?

21. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

They post that sign in hopes that you will believe it and not sue them.

22. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

I gather that notshinola's rather pathetic reason for not returning the carts has morphed into something else, but frankly I don't care what it is.

Another cart-induced pet peeve is people who block the aisles while in the store, even and especially when the aisles are large enough to easily accommodate two carts side-by-side. That's just rude, inconsiderate, or stupid.

23. Horn_2004

Horn_2004 25+ Posts

I'm going to start leaving the carts out to piss you all off. [​IMG]

24. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

wow. So glad shinola is aggy. Just noticed that.

25. GakFoo

GakFoo 500+ Posts

this thread is amazing

i take my cart back every time, but as to this statement:

26. pmg

pmg 1,000+ Posts

27. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I have decided to spend the rest of my life as a Parking Lot Ninja. I will be practically invisible in my ninja camo suit, and sneak up on cars whose drivers leave the carts out and stealthily hook a cable between the rear axle and the offending shopping cart prior to the car backing out of its parking space. Justice will be served.

28. TXSooner518

TXSooner518 250+ Posts

if you can get this operation off the ground, i will quit my job and join you

29. honolulu horn

honolulu horn 100+ Posts

30. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts