Ike Might Completely Miss Austin...

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by North Beach Horn, Sep 11, 2008.

1. North Beach Horn

North Beach Horn 250+ Posts

Houston is going to get hit hard, which sucks. Hope everyone can effectively evacuate.
    The Link

2. SCSnare

SCSnare 25+ Posts

The eye will miss Austin, but you see those huge circles around the spinning hurricane symbol, those parts are still part of the storm.

3. Lost_In_Ohio

Lost_In_Ohio 500+ Posts

I just saw that as well. PUT THE GAME BACK ON. So what if it's raining. We were all born wet anyways. I guess we weill see tommorrow if UT over reacted or not.

4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

^ Not necessarily. Many possible things could happen - it's possible that something will happen that had very low odds of happening from the vantage point of two days ago.

If you're playing blackjack and have a Jack and a 9, ask for another card, and get a 2, that doesn't mean you made a wise choice.

5. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

The weather in Austin wasn't the primary concern.

6. SMDhorn

SMDhorn 250+ Posts

Moving the game date was not UT's decision to make.

Also, there's still a high chance of rain and high winds.

That, and many people don't stay in Austin for the game, they drive back, potentially into dangerous areas.

7. Friday

Friday 500+ Posts

Yeah, waiting until today to make a decision would have been a bad idea. [​IMG]

8. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

9. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

I can picture it now: Winds-40 mph; Rain-coming down in droves; Empty seats. Great.

Let's play another day.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

10. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Given the current track, I wouldn't be surprised if Austin got nothing more then a little rain and some breezes.

As for me in The Woodlands....I'll be pulling pine needles out of my a-hole for the next 3 weeks. This thing is going to really jack up my neighborhood.

11. Hager85

Hager85 25+ Posts

I don't think the decision was made due to projected weather in Austin...

12. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

and yet again, threads like this do a phenominal job of letting me know which sub 25 post posters can be ignored in future threads

13. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

Yeah cause moving it to the 27th was such an inconvenience. It's a football game, compared to the 1000's being evacuated and could use the hotels that are booked during a home football game weekend.

14. Lost_In_Ohio

Lost_In_Ohio 500+ Posts

ooooo kc-97. hard guy. mr.smart guy who doesnt have time for "sub 25" posters. well mr phd, there were no sub 25 posters on this thread. and least you forget, you were once a sub 25 poster, or were you born into royalty.

15. stockjock

stockjock 250+ Posts

Lost in Ohio - trust me, it's not the number of posts that make you ignorable, it's the content.

16. Lost_In_Ohio

Lost_In_Ohio 500+ Posts

stockjock...Indeed, this is true for which I have no problem accepting. However, my post was made in a facetious manner. Folks are too uptight now of days and just cant take a joke anymore. It's a shame thats what it's come to....

17. Sac

Sac 25+ Posts

Argh! I've stayed out of this loop of discussion because it's been so speculative but...I can't resist any more.

Check the roads--check the Houston transportation cams--they're flooded with people leaving. And some of you people think we should have played the damn game?

Get a clue! We'll play in three weeks, get over it. 50% of the folks I sit with at the game live in Houston (with children) and to pick up the phone and say, "Suck it up dude, get to the game" would be the sickest thing.

It's not the weather in Austin; it's the logistics through those affected. Stop being so Austin-centric.

18. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

Dead horse but this game wasn't just canceled due to weather. It would look (and is) pretty selfish to have a game while Houston/CC/Galveston evacuate due to one of the biggest storms of the past few years.

19. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Roads around Houston have done well all day. The biggest problem has been in the constrruction zone on I45 at 1488 in Conroe.

20. tjhooker

tjhooker 25+ Posts

if Austin gets an inch of rain I will be suprised. they should have waited to decide.

21. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

Some people just have a distorted perception of reality.

My thoughts and prayers are with those along the coast. [​IMG]

22. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Jeez....

23. jhwutx

jhwutx 100+ Posts

That it "might miss" Austin is actually very good news!

24. hookem115

hookem115 100+ Posts

25. Red Five

Red Five 500+ Posts

These threads have been a great service in pointing out the mentally challenged amongst us. Really just mindboggling.

26. ed teach

ed teach 100+ Posts

I think that the extra hotel rooms gained by postponing was a big reason for this move as well as the trafic. We live in Clear lake area and we were going to evac to Austin. As of about 4pm yesterday I was not able to find a hotel, we are in SA instead (we were lucky to find a room here)

27. afat

afat 250+ Posts

28. badandi

badandi 100+ Posts

29. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

30. bdog33

bdog33 100+ Posts

All I have to say is SCREW everyone on this board that is bitching about the game being moved back 2 weeks. My neighbor's houses and my house have a very good chance of being completely flooded with water. Oh but poor old people have to cry about a football GAME being postponed. [​IMG]

I'm sorry that your Saturday is ruined....but my life might be.