Illegals at it again

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by CedarParkFan, Feb 23, 2013.

1. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

I always enjoy your post HC, you can put my thoughts into words in a much more eloquent and non-vulgar way than I would like to. Kinda like arguing with Bill O'Reilly, you have to scream louder than him to get your side of the story out or to make your point.

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Regarding legal immigration
    Is there a need to know who comes into your country and for what purpose?

it is really silly to compare our country when we did not have immigration laws to now and anyone who tries to make that as a point knows it
    it is even siller to use an Emma Lazurus quote as if that was law.

ahd maybe the silliest of all is posters who say people should not point out that times change.

3. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Where will all of these libs, dems, and illegals go when the U.S. is no longer fit to live in? The barbarians have been let in the gate. There are only so many tax payers to pay for those who won't contribute.

4. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

5. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

6. CedarParkFan

7. CedarParkFan

8. CedarParkFan

9. CedarParkFan

10. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

11. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

12. CedarParkFan

13. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

14. CedarParkFan

15. CedarParkFan

16. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

17. wewokahorn

wewokahorn 250+ Posts

18. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

I really don't know why it is hard for those who want to be in this country to understand that there is a process. My wife had to go through the process to become a resident here in this country, why do others who don't go through the process expect special treatment?

How hard is it to get a plane ticket or cross the border and obtain a visitor's visa or other type of visa? My wife came over on a 6 month visitor's visa initially and while she was here on that visa we applied for a permanent resident status. We then went through that process and now she has been a resident for almost 10 years now.

We also never received any type of government subsidy while she was here and she was not able to receive any of my military benefits until we were married, which didn't happen until a year after she arrived here in the states. We also had to pay for any medical costs before she fell under the military Tri-care plan. She also went through the social security number process before she worked anywhere.

As a person who has gone through this, for those that don't want to go through this process, I find it offensive they complain that they are being treated unfairly. Pay the $1,000 or so dollars to get your residence or get out of the country. Seems pretty simple to me.

19. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

20. CedarParkFan

In all seriousness, the original intent of the thread was a discussion regarding the audacity of those here illegally to feel comfortable demanding anything. It's kind of morphed into other issues and I partly to blame. But, the fact of the matter is that there are viable legal channels in which people can enter the U.S. after leaving countries ruled by oppressive governments. And, is it too much to ask to require that, in order to receive the benefits and rights that accompany citizenship, they attend the classes to learn a little about our system of government, culture, and history? I think not. Once they made the choice to enter illegally they put themselves in their current predicament. Yet, they demand we (the American citizenry) appease them in meeting their demands. It just compromises the integrity of the system. So to be clear, nobody is blaming them for leaving an unstable and/or dangerous environment. What I blame them for is the means by which they chose to do it. I know more than a handful of immigrants who came in through the "front door" and are very grateful to be here. So, don't confuse the illegal immigration issue with the immigration issue in general.

21. CedarParkFan

22. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

In reply to:

23. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

24. wewokahorn

wewokahorn 250+ Posts

25. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

26. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

In reply to:

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Ugh. I'm so fuckin' tired of this issue. It's one of these issues on which I'm just surrounded by idiots and unpatriotic jackasses.

On the Left, we have Democratic leaders who just disregard the fact that these people break the law to enter the country and descend into race-baiting as a diversion from the illegality. In fact, they celebrate all non-white immigration, because they want to change the demographics of the United States, which they think will benefit them long term. (I'll give pasotex points for tacitly admitting to this. At least he has the integrity not to ******** and lie.) Sadly, that's the Texas Democratic Party's primary strategy. They have too much contempt for average Texans today to try to appeal to them, so they hope and pray that Texas gets taken over by Mexicans so that the average Texan gets outnumbered. Pathetic.

On the Right, we have a bunch of greedy sacks of **** who aren't willing to pay national market wages, so they want to flood the labor market with millions of immigrants who are just happy not to live on dirt floors and not to have to subsist on a bowl of rice a day. They bankroll the Republican Party, because they know its alleged patriotism can be bought off for the right price.

The Democratic base voters (blacks and other minorities legally in the United States, union members, lower and lower middle class Americans, etc.) go along basically because they're too blinded by partisan and racial politics to see that illegal immigration hurts them. Does anyone really think that flooding the labor market with illegal immigrants is good for black workers, union workers, and lower income workers? Only an idiot wouldn't know that it financially sodomizes all of them, but your average voter in this class is just simply too stupid to think that many steps ahead.

The Republican base voters (white people that don't hate God) think they're not going along with it, but they let their legitimate concerns be redirected by demagoguery. If a Republican politician just bashes the immigrants themselves, your average idiot Republican voter will just ignore the fact that the politician engaging in the demagoguery is being bankrolled by crooked business owners who make money off of illegal immigration and is doing everything he can behind closed doors to protect the crooked business owner. The result is that even though they at least see that illegal immigration is a big problem, they're really just as stupid as the Democratic base voter is because they can't make the connection between big money and illegal immigration.

With these political dynamics, we're never going to get a real solution to the problem. I have absolutely no hope at all on this issue.

28. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

I don't really want to change the demographics in the US. They are changing no matter what I may or may not want. I love this issue because my side is in a no lose situation. The Democrats are getting millions more voters no matter which way this plays out. This is one of those rare instances where morals and politics line up for me and my side. Immigration made this country what it is today. It will continue to make us stronger and better.

For a very long time, there was a confluence of interests on illegal immigration where business interests (ie Republicans) looked the other way so that we could get inexpensive labor to do the jobs that Americans will not do. You guys then choose to villainize the very people who served your interests and who, in most respects, represent the true American dream. Every single illegal alien that I have had the privilege of knowing has been among the hardest working, best people in this country. They pick our food, clean your house, and build our roads.

I also love it because a significant portion of the opposition to immigration reform is racist (just as was the opposition to German, Irish, and Italian immigration waves) and they are losing yet again. The Republican Party lost 71% of the Latino vote and 72% of the Asian vote in 2012 for a reason. This shows little chance of improving.

The original post reflects that reason. So go ahead and rant and rave about the immoral people and try to deport them all. As soon as more Latinos and Asians actually show up to vote, my party gets back Arizona and Texas. But not to worry, you guys will still have Oklahoma and Utah as red state bastions and you can all move there. I will help you pack.

29. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

30. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

Sticking with the American theme, some is good, more is better.

Listen to what he says about what it takes to be proud to be something. ****, if anything I have more validity when or if I ever say I'm a proud American.

Enjoy