I'm Apoplectic! Need talk off the ledge...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by orangeblack&gold, Jun 7, 2010.

1. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

So there was talk earlier today that our Super would possibly be held from Sat thru Mon and the Sat game might be at 6:00 PM CST and the Mon game also late so that work would be easy to get off around 2:00 PM CST and enjoy a bit of tailgating until a 6:00 PM CST start. This would have been absolutely perfect.

So, having that option thrown out there and having others note that even Texas had asked for this option, the Committee takes a look and fixes everything.

2:00 PM CST on Friday to start and NOON on Sat for the 2nd game?!? NOON on Saturday?!?

First missed Regional or Super game at home since 2000 and Saturday's a toss-up.

FMFnL.

2. roofless

roofless 25+ Posts

I'll jump first. Gonna miss this game or USA-England.

3. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Do a backflip.

4. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Hotter than hell.

5. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

For me, there's no question. I'll gladly suffer the sun and the heat to be there to support the Horns. The only way I miss it is if God has plans for me.

6. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

7. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I will be on a plane during the first one and in meetings during the second. Evening games were the only way I could follow and that was if the hotel had internet so I can definitely relate. This schedule suxxxxxxxxx. [​IMG]

8. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

I have a birthday party (our best friend's kids 1st bday) at 1 on Saturday. I was hoping for an evening game but oh well.

Does anyone know is you can watch live games on the ESPN channel on Sprint TV?

9. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

This is our short week so Fri - Sun actually works better for me. But would rather be there sweating with Texanne. Anyone care to send a FL exile some good BBQ to go along with the game? Muellers and Smitty's are my favorites but right now even Rudy's would be welcome!