I'm no fan of Harry Reid, but

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Texex81, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

2. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

She has got to be insane.

3. Leftwith

Leftwith 500+ Posts

Looks like someone hasn't been paying attention. (previous two posters)

My definition of "insane" is Harry Reid. You want batshit crazy, look at him.

4. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

You have a point, but then I think most elected officials (Dem or Repub) are batshit crazy. [​IMG]

5. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

When a politician scares people, or tries to, why aren't they called out more often? Why do we let politicians tell us "such and such is destroying the country, or will destroy the country, so that's why you gotta vote for me!"

I wish there was a way to publicly rebuke this BS immediately and in a punitive manner. Scaring people to get what you want is a light form of blackmail in my opinion.

6. Leftwith

Leftwith 500+ Posts

7. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

I don't think Harry Reid is insane, just horribly misguided and perhaps even unscrupulous.

This woman, however appears to be deranged.

Great choices the people of Nevada have before them.

8. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

Nevadans get a choice.. dumb or dumber....

9. the Saint

the Saint 500+ Posts

10. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

11. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

12. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

13. Leftwith

Leftwith 500+ Posts

14. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

The AP article makes it sound worse than it is. If you actually read what she said and consider the fact that she was responding to a "red meat" question from one of her audience members, it sounds to me more like she's responding based on sound byte understanding of something that happened in Detroit a while back.

So basically, she's responding based on limited knowledge of a situation - kinda like Obama did that couple of times.

Does anyone disagree that we shouldn't be governed by Sharia law? Then I guess we have no problem! [​IMG]

15. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

Thanks for the link, AB. I will point out that no candidate actually said that or endorsed it. Unlike, Angle.

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

This from Prod
    "Does anyone disagree that we shouldn't be governed by Sharia law?"
    seems to me the point Angle was making.
    My guess is she referenced Dearborn due to the Christian group being arrested on public sidewalks outside a muslim event. IIRC those charges were dropped but the fact is they should not have been arrested.
    My guess also is that she referenced Frankford Tx but meant Arlington as there was a divorce/ property case between Muslims that was allowed to be settled by the Islamic court of Richardson in the same manner that mediation or arbitration is allowed

Surely there can be NO WM poster who thinks sharia law should be allowd any foothold in American governance. is there?

17. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

yo
    Where are you running for office> I need to send a huge contribution to your opponent. [​IMG]

seriously what did she say that has you so outraged?

19. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

20. the Saint

the Saint 500+ Posts

21. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

Sharia law would be unconstitutional in the US. You could chose to follow parts of it as an act of faith, but imposing it on others would not be possible absent a repeal of the 1st Amendment.

22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

paso
    That is good to know and I respect your opinion.

I thought our founding fathers came to a new raw land to escape laws elsewhere. So for anyone to suggest we should pattern our laws on other countries laws seems back asswards.
    Consider, yes, pattern and or adopt in place of? No

23. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

In reply to:

24. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

25. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

26. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

BHO is a master at scare tactics....just a quick google pulled up the following

"Everyone in this room knows what will happen if we do nothing. Our deficit will grow. More
    families will go bankrupt. More businesses will close. More Americans will lose their coverage
    when they are sick and need it most. And more will die as a result. We know these things to be
    true."

his address to Congress regarding Obamacare

or

To lift the economy out of crisis, Obama introduced an economic stimulus package and crafted a new bank rescue plan.

“Doing a little or nothing at all will result in even greater deficits, even greater job loss, even greater loss of income, and even greater loss of confidence,” Obama said this week. “Those are deficits that could turn a crisis into a catastrophe.”

Last week he wrote in The Washington Post: “Our nation will sink deeper into a crisis that, at some point, we may not be able to reverse.” Using language to play on public fears could scare people into supporting Obama. It could also push them in the opposite direction.

27. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

28. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

yo
    Must it always be," well Bush did it too" with you?

30. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

yo, just providing the proof some where begging for on this thread..I could do it all day with BHO...all he does is put his foot in him mouth and he is very predictable.

they financial scare to pass Tarp was the worst...both parties are guilty and fully supported it. what was the rush. same with obamacare..why hurry because it was political...no one had even read the bill.

regarding Bush 2002, we just had an attacked on our homeland....all the evidence (the world and both parties agreed) that we needed to take action, but nice try.