Im ok friends and family

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by Hornin NYC, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Hornin NYC

Hornin NYC Guest

Sorry to use this forum but the phones are out and my building was 200 yards from the trade center and my friends read here

• Like Like x 1
  2. hornFANtastic

hornFANtastic 100+ Posts

God bless you. We will pray for the other innocent victims who were not as fortunate.

3. God bless that your ok. What is it like up there? I'm still trying to get in touch with a couple of friends there.

evilhorn....any other NYers out there?

4. LonghornGirlie

LonghornGirlie 500+ Posts

Of course, of course. Thank God for your safety. If anyone can use this forum to communicate with loved ones, please please do so.

5. The Dog

The Dog 250+ Posts

I can't even imagine what you are going through right now.

Bless all those who perished today.

6. Hornin NYC

Hornin NYC Guest

im in irc.stratcs.com

The room is #tao

if anyone needs to reach me

7. evil horn

evil horn 100+ Posts

I'm here as well.
    phones are dead to outgoing calls.
    this is so scary.

8. Hornin NYC

Hornin NYC Guest

Our whole it staff was in the first tower. nearly everyone had firends at Cowen, it was the top floor of the first building.

When the building fell down it shook the whole island, i was about 1/2 a mile away.

Smith Barney is in WTC 1.

9. Arnold Ziffel

Arnold Ziffel < 25 Posts

Be safe all of those in NYC. We are praying for you.

10. evil horn

evil horn 100+ Posts

I wish I knew what to do.
    part of me wants to go somewhere and volunteer to help. any doctors know if they would accept volunteers in this situation at hospitals.

11. leonutaustin

leonutaustin < 25 Posts

God bless you in NYC. Prayers are with you.

12. Gardner Barnes

Gardner Barnes 250+ Posts

Our colluges were in the lower floors of the WTC.

I hope they are all right.

My company set us all howe adn downtown Atlanta is a ghost town

13. Hornin NYC

Hornin NYC Guest

People were jumping out burining and not burning. It was awful. They fell so far.

No helicpoters showed up for so long but not much they could do.

14. Hornin NYC

Hornin NYC Guest

Gardner, im sure they got out, quite sure. the bottom levels left immediately

15. Gardner Barnes

Gardner Barnes 250+ Posts

Thank god...and thanks for your update.....

I am glad you are all right also. Pray for these people

16. LonghornGirlie

LonghornGirlie 500+ Posts

Anyone who need to get word out to their loved ones and can email but not call, please email me the names and phone numbers of anyone who needs to know you are ok.

admin@hornfans.com

17. CarKev14

CarKev14 25+ Posts

My wife is a med student at Yale, and New Haven hospitals (Yale and St. Raph's) are preparing to accept injury victims from NYC, as the hospitals can't possibly manage all the trauma. Bridgeport is a burn trauma center, so it's a bit closer to NYC.

Evil horn, offering to help cannot hurt. It's very likely that personnel have been unable to get to the hospital, so helping hands may be useful if you're walking distance.

Has anyone heard from Eric96?

18. CenTexHornsFan

CenTexHornsFan < 25 Posts

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all in NYC and DC. This is horrible and devastating.

19. Hello Nasty

Hello Nasty 25+ Posts

I am so sorry to see this happen.....God Bless and thank God that you are ok!....please take care and be careful

Hook Em
    Hello Nasty

20. chance johnson

chance johnson 100+ Posts

Good to hear. God Bless You, bud.

21. pmg

pmg 1,000+ Posts

I am trying to reach NYCMatt. He lives in Manhattan, but works in Brooklyn.

22. jcz

jcz 100+ Posts

Obviously, all of our thoughts and prayers are with you and the others affected by these tragedies.

Stay safe.

23. I know many, many people that work in the towers and live nearby. Damn, I hope that they know I read this website several times a day. Their cell phones are down. I am sooo glad that those already posted are okay.

If I can do ANYTHING for those of you in NYC, let me know. Need food? I'll send it. Need to use my couch for a spell? I will wash the linen. Name it. Take care of yourselves and the others around you. Having been in the Army, I must really supress what I want to say. Cheney and Powell must be beside themselves.

Anybody planning any trip or anything to help out? I am in.

24. echeese

echeese 25+ Posts

Other than our prayers which all Horns are doing now, let us know if there's anything we can do.

25. utxjohne

utxjohne Guest

If anyone hears of or need to a place to stay in ny. Please let me know. Like I said on an earlier post, I watched the whole thing from my office less than 10 blocks away and it was horrifying.

26. bevo185

bevo185 < 25 Posts

Unfortunately, people were leaping from the 90th floor of the World Trade Centers. My father saw the buildings on fire and felt the collapse of one of the towers as he was walking up the fdr. I, along with most in the NYC area, never expected this much damage and chaos to happen.

27. Doperbo

Doperbo 25+ Posts

evil horn- reports from my hospital tonight (which is about 4 hours away) are that neighboring hospitals in the immediate area around NYC are all on level three diversion right now- meaning they can use any volunteer help available. Even if you have no ACLS training etc, if you are able do nothing else but donate blood that would be no small contribution.

28. Eric96

Eric96 < 25 Posts

I work accross the street from the WTC and seeing that area with out the two towers is a surreal sight. My next door neighbor was on the 75th floor of the North Tower and got out all right. Thank God for the hour delay between the crash and the collapse or thousands more would have died.

29. txlhbchazzan

txlhbchazzan < 25 Posts

G-d bless all who survived and a special prayer to the courageous who placed themselves in harms way to rescue those in need.
    For those who are seeking to help but are not physically able to get to the area, All stations are asking for blood donations. from around the country.
    I must share a statement posted in The Jewish Isreali Magazine newspaper yesterday before the events of today occured.
    The article was written in response to the recent terrorist attacks in Isreal.
    By Rabbi Azriel Ariel
    HOW TO BE STRONG AND OF GOOD COURAGE

"We are in the Midst of a war of Attrition, which means exactly what it sounds like. A war in which the coal is not a military victory, But rather the other side's national morale. Whichever side eshibits greater standing power , yields less to the pressure and causes the other side to despair, that side will win. Even the terrorism of our Enemy is designed only to "terrorize," its only strength is in whatever fear and resultant weakness it is able to instill.
    NO FEAR!!!
    The commandment of the Torah in such situations is thus cearly understood:'Let not your heart become soft, do not fear, do not panic, and do not tremble before them.' [Deut. 20:3]"
    The great Maimonides ruled (Book of Commandments, negative commandment 58) "God has commanded us not to fear the nonbelievers during wartime and not to run from them..."
    "We therefore must weigh all our actions on the scale of courage and strongheartedness. MAINTAINING OUR DAILY ROUTINE UNDER FIRE - THIS IS TRUE STRENGTH! [caps and exclamation are mine for emphasis]"
    My prayes rise with all other well wishers for the souls who are now bound up to be with G-D and for the bereaved. May they be granted peace for their sorrow and grieve properly not because of the joy of reuniting with the Supreme being but for the proper emotion of the loss of one who is loved dearly and that their contenance and enduring love will be a memory kept in the comfort of one's heart.

30. evil horn

evil horn 100+ Posts

doperbo ...I spent this afternoon at beth israel. gave my pint. hope to see if there's anything I can do tomorrow.