Im planning on going to austin for the first time

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by "Anna hook em", Nov 5, 2015.

1. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

Im planning on going to Austin for the first time ever,:hookem2:Does anyone know if the comfort suites Nw Lakeline is a nice hotel, and is it close to the Frank Erwin Center, thanks for the help.

2. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

3. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

That is not really very close to the Erwin Center. If you are coming on a weekend then traffic shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you are coming on a weekday you would probably want to be much closer to the Erwin Center to avoid traffic problems.

4. "Anna hook em"

Thanks i do plan on coming well a friday then leaving monday, going to see my first texas longhorn womens basketball game against (beat) Baylor

5. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

The closest hotel is the Doubletree right across I-35 from the Erwin Center. The Hampton Inn by the Capitol is really close too. There is a LaQuinta close by too. Everything close to the University is expensive though. A unique experience would be to stay at one of Austin's urban farms, HausBar Farm. They have a guest house that they rent through AirBnb. There are also lots of hotels along I-35 not far from the Erwin Center, but I would avoid the Rundberg/Braker area.

6. "Anna hook em"

Here i go again does anyone know about quality inn 1701 E. St. Elmo Rd.
    Austin, TX, 78744 looks close but im not from austin . Ive lived in texas for more than 36 years and have never been to the state capital.

7. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Can't comment on the hotel, but I highly recommend you leave time to visit the state capital while you are in town. Do participate in one of the guided tours (check in advance to see if they have them on the weekends and what time they are, etc.) and I suggest you allow at least 2 hours to visit the capital and grounds. Also drive by the Governor's Mansion which is close by.

8. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

If you've never visited Austin, then I would recommend staying in the heart of Austin.
    1) https://www.google.com/maps/search/...+TX/@30.2795657,-97.7496236,15z/data=!3m1!4b1
    (map of hotels and the avg price)
    2) 6th street is for college kids trying to sneak into bars. Try 2nd or 5th street Friday night, with restaurants and bars for more sedate atmosphere
    3) Saturday, explore all the place Austin you've heard about. Park in the parking garage with your pass you bought with your tickets about 3 hours before the game, walk onto campus and see the sights.

The game with the Bears will be more attended than a typical game. Now that Baylor has been good for a few years now, they're fans are willing to drive down from Waco to watch a game and rub our noses in it.

Oh yeah, ummm, not a fan of E. St Elmo area. I used to live down there, but that was over 25 years ago...so maybe it's gotten safer.