I'm pumped for UTA

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Wishbonemac, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

The Mavericks are 4-2 and have scored over 90 points in half of their games. They're just the kind of test we need at this point in the season.

Our guys are playing awfully hard and I think they finally know each others names.

I don't think it's a sellout yet but you'd better hurry and get your tickets before you're turned away!

I want J'Covan to hear it from me directly how much I appreciate his panache.

2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

35-28 Texas at halftime. Looks like we're getting the test you wanted.

3. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Horns win!!!
    80-62

Congrats!!

4. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

Sheldon McClellan was a beast. They're having a lot of fun getting to know each other it looks like.

The Bobcats are here Saturday and they just beat a decent Houston Cougar team last night. I can;t wait.

5. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

J'Covan once again looked awful until the final 6 minutes of the game.

I guess this was entirely expected. Young guys would occasionally make awesome contributions (like Sheldon last night), and other times we'd waste away leads and let teams shoot too much from the perimeter. Last night seemed slow moving, and I think UTA just wore down in the end.

I'm very worried about the conference schedule. We're not going to get many breaks from the upper echelon of our league.