I’m thinking the “No Brakes” part of….

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Desperado, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

…”All Gas, No Brakes” was a bad idea. We’ve run smack dab into the back of the 18-wheeler parked on the highway due to no brakes. Car is on fire and no survivors are likely, except for the extremely over-compensated coach. Marketing department currently working overtime on next year’s slogan.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Sarkisian is the living embodiment of " The Peter Principle".

• Hot Hot x 1
  3. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Yes— he is worse than Strong, if that is possible. Of course every OC under Bama looks good, because it is Saban making football good.

Harsh— but the faster we find the right coach the better. Fire today….Bama learned that with Dubose, Shula etc…

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yes, we will get a top notch head coach for sure if we fire this one in year one.

:facepalm:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

No brakes = no defense

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

These cute little sayings always come back to bite us. And they're stupid. I don't know if we do this to sell t-shirts or what, because they aren't serving us well as motivation or mission statements.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

There are no top notch coaches to get anyways.
    Traylor down the road was nothing until he was. Get a nobody, and rebuild thru JUCO and Portal.
    Waiting around for “optics” wastes time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Next year is our slogan.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. horninchicago

For better or worse, Sark will get 3-5 years. 3 if he has 3 consecutive losing seasons, a la Strong, where the precedent was set.

10. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Disagree ^^^. “All gas, no brakes” refers to offensive philosophy which has been effective for most all of the games.
    What has been an abject failure is the Defense. Coach K has been miserable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

OK, you want a change, I have two questions and expect only serious answers:

1) Which one of you or group of you is writing the $25+ million check?

2) More importantly, who are you bringing in that is NOT a crap shoot? Traylor IS a crap shoot.

THERE IS NOT ONE AVAILABLE COACH THAT FILLS THE BILL! Want to go back after Meyer? Want Lane Kiffin? Where are the people that were screaming for Gary Patterson when he wouldn't accept a phone call?

We allowed a Berzerkley reject to destroy our relationship with the only qualified coach out there.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  12. horninchicago

Yep.

13. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

How about "Major Renovation in Progress - Please Bear With Us" for the 2022 season?

• Hot Hot x 1
  14. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

This, of course, is reality unless some billionaire like Bezos wants to get rid of some pocket change.

Regarding Traylor, personally I would consider going there, if we could do it for $3,000,000/year or less, with incentives, but with a Texas favorable buyout.

Could we do worse than what we are seeing now? Probably not. Maybe Traylor would bring Bradley with him…?

The humanity side of me worries about Sark. This is an individual who has been to hell and back, and now’s he’s facing another (and a severe) test. I personally don’t see a light at the end of the tunnel at the moment, but perhaps he can keep the 2022 class together and turn this thing around starting next year…with the help of more than a few transfers.

Sadly, the Peter Principal assessment may well be accurate. It is, until he proves otherwise.

15. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

Just to clarify, I was not advocating for Sark’s firing. He gets at least 3 years. Was merely making the point our football team is a cluster, Sark is very well compensated and we had a stupid slogan.

16. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Well MB put him up to it but Powers went along.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Exactly, SabreHorn. It would be foolish to dump the current coach unless you know the replacement you're bringing in is 100% the right answer. And I don't see that replacement out there. We go with Sark - if he doesn't turn it around in three years, we address it again then.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I thought Aggy trademarked that. Did we buy it from them? I bet we paid $100mil to get it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Or perhaps, "Better than Windows Millennium Edition"

20. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

The offense faltered in the 2nd half in those losses where we had big leads. Yes the D is terrible but the offense hasn’t played well for a full 60 minutes.

opposing coaches made half time adjustments and out-coached us OU, Ok St, Baylor

Which side committed 4 TOs on Saturday?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  21. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

What quality coach would accept a job at Texas knowing his predecessor got fired after 1 season?

22. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Sounds like f****** aggy!? :rolleyes1:

23. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

The "Wait till next year" Horns...

24. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

He's not getting fired, if that happens then CDC gets fired too. CDC needs Sark to work because he's on the hook as well. I don't think Sark should be fired. But I'm tired of coaches talking about kids not buying in then playing the kids on Saturdays. I give Herman credit in the beginning for sitting Foreman. But then he got soft too and let all the cancer keep coming back.