Images of folks that have lived in three centuries

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by jmatt, Jan 2, 2008.

1. PoisonousNuts

PoisonousNuts < 25 Posts

My dad almost made it, just two years short on both ends. Specifically, he was born in 1902, and died in 1998. That was my dad, mind you. He was 57 years old when I was born, a full 24 years older than my mom (there's an interesting story behind that which I won't go into at this point).

His big brother (my uncle) died in the influenza epidemic of 1918, as a Army sergeant in World War 1.

His parents (my grandparents) were born in 1864 and 1868. His mom (my grandmother) died in 1968 at age 96.

His maternal grandpa (my great-grandpa, just three generations back) was born in 1826, and immigrated to the US in 1847.

It's always been kind of difficult for me to wrap my head around the span of time encompassed by so few generations on my paternal side. It's like we skipped a generation or two.

Re: the link provided, did anyone notice that some of the ages seem a bit messed up? For example, a couple said the pictured
    individuals were 40-something years old, at least on the version I saw. If that's true, they didn't span three centuries, and they look incredibly old for their ages.

2. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

the photos seemed to go out of their way to make the people look like ******* mummies.

3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I could make to 115 and hit 3 centuries, if 2100 counts as the next century.

4. Texoz

Texoz 1,000+ Posts

In March of 1999 I did some family tree reseach and interviewed a great-great-aunt. (one more great?) I believe she was 94 at the time. Her dad, my great-great-grandfather, was born in 1863.

My daughter was born in 2000. If she can live to 100 and reach the 22nd Century, she can say that her daddy spoke to a relative whose father was born the year Lincoln was assassinated.

That's four centuries 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd.
    ++++++++

5. pmg

pmg 1,000+ Posts

6. Texoz

Texoz 1,000+ Posts