IMO, the Fix is in

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by OrangeShogun, Oct 12, 2020.

1. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Philly doesn’t use dominion. Lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Barry, my grandfather served the US Navy for 29 years. My deceased brother served in the Navy for 2 years. Both very proudly served God and the military. I've lived overseas since 2011 and went to church with thousands of people who also proudly served God and the military. You definitely can serve God and the military and suggesting otherwise is politically-driven garbage from a guy who has no idea what the hell that passage means or what it means to serve in the military.

But even beyond that one idiotic comment, I analogize him with Jeremiah Wright, because he has praised Wright and praised the famous "God Damn America" sermon. The guy is a freak. He might win. This idiotic Trump election fight helps him a lot, but he's still a massive freak.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

On day-to-day matters, that is true, and that's how it's supposed to be in general. Two things disrupt it. First, the feds take a hell of a lot of money. When someone is financially sodomizing you, you can't help but pay attention to them.

Second, we have developed a busybody culture that thinks its view of social and economic justice are more important than maintaining the federal system the founding fathers created, which was largely built around states and localities minding their own business. Obviously the Left does this the most, but the Right gets stupid and does it sometimes as well. If you do this, that also forces us to place undue emphasis on federal politicians. Obviously judicial nomination fights are the ultimate manifestation of this.

To show how out of whack we are, consider the New England states. Democrats win them decisively for national office, but they often elect Republican governors. Why? Because Republicans running for governor usually can deemphasize controversial social issues, while national Republicans cannot. Well, if we were doing things correctly, the opposite would be true.

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm a subscriber, and that just isn't consistent with what I've read. Keep in mind that their editor in chief wrote a book called, "The Case for Nationalism." I'm not saying they never disagree with Trump. They aren't sycophants like Breitbart, but they are mostly favorable.

5. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Bernie knew Hillary F’ed him......

• Like Like x 1
  6. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 1
  7. LonghornCatholic

8. LonghornCatholic

9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

LH
    Funny DMC hasn't issued any talking points yet on how ballots were received before they were mailed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Well, if no one asks about it, why do they need talking points?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

The whole state does.

12. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Important comparison of "normal" states to those who had irregularities.

13. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Then followed up with more detailed look at GA.

14. LonghornCatholic

15. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

The meat of the case is that 2 VBM voters from Western PA counties weren't contacted by the Election office to cure their ballots, as allowed by law. Rather than sue those counties the Trump campaign sues the SOS and the counties that allowed curing. As if that wasn't crazy enough, the remedy they are asking for rather than allowing these 2 votes to count, they asked the court to invalidate all ballots in the entire state. Good luck with that argument...in any court. My money is on the SCOTUS not even taking this case.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Now the Trump legal team is taking a dump on Sidney Powell. Link. This is basically a Three Stooges skit at this point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. horninchicago

I hear that is because she may be a witness and therefore can’t legally represent. But you are the lawyer. You tell me.

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Generally a fact witness wouldn't be a lawyer in a case, but the statements from the real legal team suggest something else was the reason.

19. horninchicago

Well, you characterized this as the Trump team taking a dump on her. But at the dresser itself it didn't dawn on them that she wasn't actually a part of the legal team in a legal sense? Hmmm, I'm not buying it. Sounds like, and this is always the case in the media hyperbole that surrounds everything Trump, much ado about nothing.

20. Seattle Husker

Powell is too much crazy for Guiliani. Let that sink in for a moment.

• Like Like x 1
  21. horninchicago

Do you have a factual link to that? We only deal in facts in West Mall, not stupid opinions pulled out of one's ***.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Husker is famous for pulling opinions.

23. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

24. horninchicago

Lol. Again, did they not realize this at the presser? Did she bully her way in? Sounds like legal posturing. Anything but pooping on her and inferring she is crazy.

Yawn....

25. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

Maybe it was when she accused the Georgia governor committed crimes without evidence.

26. horninchicago

Perhaps. We'll see. She doesn't seem to go off half cocked like some posters around here, and she has a better track record. I'll go with her for now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  27. Seattle Husker

Upset that you don't get to see the Kraken?

On Nov. 14 Trump tweeted out how grateful he was to have Powell and others join his legal team. She was part of the legal team until today.

Ignorance is not a road often traveled in life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Seattle Husker

Oh jeezus...someone clearly doesn't know crazy when it's slapping them in the face.

• Like Like x 1
  29. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

the judge (Judge Matthew Brann) is conservative, Republican and is a member of The Federalist Society

30. horninchicago

Nope, just waiting for your link saying Rudy feels she is crazier than him. That's what you said.