Impeachment

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Also immediately after they adjourned after the final vote, Mitch filed cloture on a bunch of Trump judicial nominees.

Back to work

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Was this question ever answered?

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

LOL. You expect the media to look?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

No but hornfans can get the answer.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Speaking of the media, the three biggest cable news channels have already moved on from impeachment. LOL. Back on Iowa, all of them

6. horninchicago

Of course they have since they predictably lost.

7. horninchicago

Romney becomes a bigger POS as the day goes by. Just heard Brett Baier say he was the first Senator in US history to vote Guilty on an impeachment Article against a POTUS of his own party.

I'm sure this was posted already but I don't recall.

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

ain't no taint in that ^

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I would like to think the Senate will now turn its powerful investigative power on this stuff.
    But the reality is they will probably just send some more "powerfully worded" letters and move on.
    Sad!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  11. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Enjoy these now because Twitter is about to start censoring Republican/conservative memes heading into the 2020 election. If you cant beat them, block them

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. horninchicago

Not even past today. Nadler grilling the FBI director about FISA abuse managed to ask if the trump admin interfered with the Kavanaugh FBI investigation.

16. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Today is Wednesday “Trump Day”. Now let’s find out how the Senate voted. Listen to this to find out if Donald Trump is still our President.

:bounce1::coolnana::bounce2::yippee::bounce2::coolnana::bounce1:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They did look, and they found something. They just stopped digging and stopped talking about it. Link.

18. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Mitt -Omney will be rendered impotent as a senator for the remainder of his term.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Dude, that's when the phone call was. The drug deal had been going on for well over a year.

20. horninchicago

I won't even bother to explain the point to you, dude.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

22. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

That outcome was inevitable. I take nothing from it. Except that the criminal is going to start digging his holes with a bigger shovel. So sit back and start eating some popcorn. :popcorn:

23. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Mitt Romney has become John McCain. He will run over his friends crossing the aisle to shake hands with his enemies. Anything to get a little mic-time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Isnt this you every day though?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Or they're principled Republicans.

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Turn on Trump now, this is great

27. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

The issue with the impeachment to me is mostly about the hypocrisy of the world's worst liars and cheats calling for Trump's removal from office because he is a liar and a cheat.

I just don't feel comfortable removing a man from office for doing all the same things that have been done by previous Presidents for at least 100 years.

I also don't feel comfortable with the fact that it is much better liars and cheats trying to hold Trump accountable for his lying and cheating just because he is a Republican. That allows one political party to crush the other by use of a double standard. That is my main concern.

I have no problem with Trump being removed from office for different reasons, if this situation were being held in a vacuum and the accusers were truly honest, respectable people. They aren't. They would just see this as justification for political attacks against other Republicans while knowing they will never be held accountable. This could at least lead to political blow back which will force them and other politicians to be more careful with political attacks and providing evidence if there are serious misdeeds to prosecute.

For that, I do think it is appropriate to give the Democrats the Herman.

[​IMG]

28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Has ANY Hater said it was ok what the Bidens did?
    If Biden were not trying to run for Pres would it be ok to investigate what the Bidens did?

• Like Like x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Is was all bs

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2