Impeachment

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You shouldn't sweat it. If there was no quid pro quo, this thing almost surely falls apart, because others have done similar things without any outrage. If there was a quid pro quo, then that's a felony. Shouldn't he be impeached if that's the case?

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Flashback

• Like Like x 1
  3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Trump has had more investigations over more nonsensical conspiracy theories than any president than I can remember. We have accountability.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  4. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Dems are so ridiculously short sighted on this. There is zero chance that Trump will be removed from office by a Republican Senate. Even if Dems had a majority, there would not be enough votes to remove him from office. It's a complete waste of time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

No doubt it's a "coincidence" that the purported "whistleblower" here is represented by a former staffer to both Hillary and Chuckles Schumer
    Oh and he also once served at the US Embassy in Ukraine.
    He is Deep State
    It's a small world sometimes

Andrew P. Bakaj | Compass Rose Legal Group, PLLC

6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I'm not sweating it. I'm tired of the nonsense over the past few years. When do we say say "f**k no" to the democrats? How much longer are we going to keep going along with whatever what they want? Keep letting them go on fishing expeditions? How much more conspiratorial ******** do we have to investigate? Enough is enough.

Edit- Deez, at this point how can you take these investigations seriously? This is politics, not about justice.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The results of the most recent Monmouth Uni. poll on impeachment -

Yes/no:
    Registered voters: 35/61
    Republicans: 2/94
    Independents: 30/64
    Democrats: 69/25
    Men: 26/70
    Women: 44/49
    Age 18-34: 44/50
    Age 35-54: 31/63
    Over 55: 32/64
    Whites: 27/67
    Non-white: 51/44
    Swing counties: 32/60

• Like Like x 2
  8. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Keep in mind, this poll was taken before Trump admitted to pressing Zelinsky to investigate Hunter Biden just days after personally stopping $250M in aid to Ukraine. Remember when the aid question first arose? The administration claimed it was an "administrative process error" that held up the aid. Only yesterday did we learn the administrative process was a direct order from our POTUS. Just give it time. Drip drip drip the real story will emerge.

Is now the right time to mention that the Ukraine Prosecutor that indicted leaders in that energy company already stated that he was unaware of any evidence of wrongdoing by Hunter Biden, a board member?

9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

The Democrat Mantra!

10. Seattle Husker

Nah...Accountability for Democrats stop at the Rich. Accountability is a tenet of Republican party, at least it used to be before Trump took ownership.

11. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Rich and/or powerful.

12. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

A lot going on on the Hill lately and today. This is interesting to say the least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

"Oh, this story about Trump that we had about him trying to squeeze the Ukrainians turned out not to be real. However, these other charges are real! Trust us! We have Trump now!" In all seriousness, when the hell is our intelligence going to quit being insulted?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Seattle Husker

Key word is "hopefully". Lol!

Trump has already admitted that he urged Zelinsky to investigate Hunter Biden. That's the crime Napolitano is referencing. When you claim "Trump said no such thing" are you calling Trump a liar? I think we may have found some common ground again although I'm not sure I'd agree that Trump would lie about his conversation. In this case he may be committing the crime in plain view.

@Mr. Deez - In the FoxNews article LH posted was this quote:

Can you explain Guiliani's logic that pushing Ukraine to investigate Hunter Biden is defending Trump? I'm clearly not seeing the logic unless you say he was defending Trump's reelection chances.

17. Seattle Husker

CNN is reporting that the Whitehouse is now intending to hand over the Whistleblower complaint to Congress, and maybe declassify and publicly release it. No link as of yet.

18. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

He didn't. Show me where he said that. You're falling for fake news.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Guliani explains it right here. He didn't say to investigate Biden but CNN is pretty deceptive right here by playing a game of semantics.

"When asked about his contradicting answer, Giuliani said he "didn't ask" for Biden to be investigated specifically, but asked Ukraine "to look into the allegations that related to my client, which tangentially involved Joe Biden in a massive bribery scheme."

Rudy Giuliani denies asking Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden -- before admitting it - CNNPolitics

20. Seattle Husker

You asked earlier about how many times our intelligence will be insulted. That all depends on how many times you scream "Fake News" simply because you don't like the news.

Here is what Trump said.

The Wall Street Journal reported that he pressed Zelensky on the call 8 times to investigate Biden.

Soon we should be able to read how msny times Trump pressed the Biden issue. I fully expect you to scream "Fake News" if he only mentioned Biden 5 times instead of 8, purposely neglecting the Elephant sitting on your chest.

21. Seattle Husker

Explain what? There is no logical trail to claiming you are defending Trump and pushing a non-sequitor Biden investigation. They aren't even "tangentially" related. Guiliani should have the opportunity to testify under oath what he was defending Trump from. I suspect his stance under threat of purjory may influence his stance.

22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You're trying to move the goalposts once again. I knew exactly what you were referring to and you showed it. There is not one spot in that Times article where he told Ukraine to investigate Biden. Not in one spot did he say that. They talked about Biden's corruption but TRUMP DID NOT TELL HIM TO INVESTIGATE. What part of this do you not understand? Perhaps the transcript tomorrow will show that he did but that article in the Times didn't.

The Wall Street says that he did. However, that's not what we were discussing was it? We were discussing that Trump said, not an article discussing that he did.

I'm tired of playing games with you, sir. I'm sick of the constant misdirection.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Oh h***, just lock’em all up. I am certain they’re all guilty.

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

WAIT! WAIT!! WAIT!!!

I haven’t finished reading the Mueller report yet.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

He said, "CNN is reporting...". I stopped reading.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes and I know for a fact that you don't either.

27. Seattle Husker

You're right. I moved the goalposts by hoping you could read what was between the quotations, a statement by Trump saying the conversation was "largely congratulatory, largely corruption...and largely the fact that we don't want Biden and his son".

Sorry for moving those goalposts on you. If kicking an extra point is too much to ask I'll let you throw it over the goalposts from the goalline next time. Or maybe not. One should have at least some expectations.

28. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

29. Seattle Husker

Not even discussing behind the scenes. I'm standing next to you pointing at the elephant on your chest. These are public quotes DIRECTLY from Trump and you're trying to tell me they don't exist. He didn't say that. A coach once told me "you can wish in one hand and **** in the other and see whatever gets filled first." That's applicable to your hope that Trump didn't brring up Biden when he's already admitted publicly he did.

30. Seattle Husker

And it starts. Character assassination to protect the POTUS. You beat mchammer to the punch!

And some of y'all wonder why Trump did this stupid **** only a few days after Mueller testified. He has an army of apologists waiting to follow him off a cliff only to claim HRC pushed 'em all on the way down.

This defense mechanism has a name. Its called the firehose of falsehood.

• poop poop x 2