Impeachment

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is more that now infamous Biden Q&A

2. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

There’s speculation that Hillary will run for President......again (sigh). But it’s not for the reason you think. Many wonder that it may be her only option left as a defense strategy. Like Biden, claim political persecution when indictments come.

• Hot Hot x 1
  3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The Democrats are wasting valuable time and money. Just impeach him and send it over to Mitch. No inquiry is going to find anything that changes their minds.

4. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

That speculation is primarily in conservative sites, from what I can tell. There was a WaPo editorial a few days ago telling her to go away.

5. Seattle Husker

Wait...don't gather any evidence? Don't document any evidence? Of course Republicans would like that strategy. It would be idiotic to do that

6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If only Schiff had a way to compel Sondland's testimony. . . .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

It’s a useless process. Either they find favorable evidence or they don’t. Either way they are convinced they need to impeach him. Their constituents will not allow them otherwise.

Go ahead and send it over to the Senate.

8. Seattle Husker

They've reportedly subpoenaed that now. So, now subpoenas are required for all cooperation. You are concerned about precedents, that's a dangerous one too. Congressional oversight is now purely a legal process?

It isn't only Democrats setting new precedents here.

9. Seattle Husker

Wait...you just said gathering evidence is inconsequential.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

No. That is my point. Even if Trump isn't trying to get the truth for the sake of truth, investigations still uncover truth. Even if the motivation is exploitation of the truth, I am a more informed voter and citizen because of the investigation, regardless of the motivation.

I thought that was clear.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Subpoenas aren't required for all cooperation, but it shouldn't shock anybody when an Administration that's under impeachment forces the normal legal limitations (which is what requiring a subpoena does) on Congress's investigatory authority. That's hardly a new precedent.

12. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

To the Democrats, it is irrelevant. That train left the station.

13. Seattle Husker

So, an administration that is under impeachment investigation should resist transparency? Just remember that the next time Trump proclaims publicly that he wants to cooperate then actually does just the opposite.

On another topic I think this push by Republicans for a full House vote for an impeachment inquiry is for political reasons not legal. It's being done to put those moderate Dems on record who won Trump districts in 2018. There isn't any specific constitutional requirement for a full House vote to start an impeachment inquiry from what I can glean. Should the Trump admin fight subpoenas a full house vote might carry weight in a court.

14. Seattle Husker

Evidence is not consequential to extreme partisans (on either side) but it is for the moderate partisans and independents. That's why this inquiry is paramount.

15. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

This is just a political game by the democrats. I’m telling you now that the house will not be take a vote for impeachment. Just watch.

16. Seattle Husker

I'm not fully familiar with Impeachment rules but suspect they have to have a vote on an Imeachment referral to the Senate in order to force the Senate to act.

What's in dispute is the Republican position that you must have a vote to start an inquiry.

17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Good thing is that the dems are clueless to how this will damage their party.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Seattle Husker

Schiff is screaming about the State Department's refusal to turn over Sondland's personal device claiming to have evidence he used it for official duties.

That will put Republicans and Democrats in hypocritical positions from the HRC email saga.

19. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I’m talking about start of point A to the end of point B. Not all the stuff in between. A vote will never make it to the senate, because the house will never take the vote up. So there will never be a point B. Just the theatrics.

20. Seattle Husker

Pushing Ukraine for investigations of political opponents is not damaging to Republicans. Investigating that interference is damaging to Democrats.

Says a lot about the state of Trump's party. Thanks for elucidating the position so clearly.

21. Seattle Husker

I'll say it again. If there is evidence to suuport impeachment it will have ultimately have a vote to get to the Senate, I believe.

Do you think the investigation will never come to fruition? Closed or thrown over to Senate?

22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Thanks for showing your total brainwashed, ignorant opinion, MSM Bot.

23. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Both parties are very calculated in everything they do. But the Dems are not on this issue. They are so desperate because nothing else has worked with “getting Trump”. One problem with the Dems is the more they investigate Trump the more they expose their own candidates and colleagues with corruption.

This impeachment on Ukraine will fall out of the news once they get to a dead end and then they will find something else to go after Trump about. They are going to try to keep this going through the election because there’s no turning back now due to being too deep. This has been a big gamble for them and it will cost them not only with trying to get Presidency and Senate back, but they will lose the House as well. It’s not even going to be close. This has been one big cluster f$&k for that party.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  24. Seattle Husker

Defend your stance rather than going to your standard talking points. Unless you are unable...

25. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

This is not an impeachment inquiry. It’s an investigation in my simple mind. First investigate, how do you know it’s impeachable if you don’t really know the offense? First investigate, second if there is crime, is it impeachable, if so, vote to impeach. When Schiff lied in opening statement he did not give any credit to the investigation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

There’s no evidence or it would have already been leaked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Your stance is so absurd it's not even funny. The fact that you believe that Trump can't ask a foreign government to look into a "political opponent" is nuts. Are you really trying to tell me that every single person who's running for president (republican, independent, democrat) is off limits? The one thing that your media hasn't told you is that this scandal is bigger than just Biden. We have very good evidence that a DNC operative tried to get Ukraine's help against Trump in 2016. It's mentioned on one of the Ukraine embassy's transcripts.

28. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Lindsey Graham is a unique brand of stupid if he thinks Obama's foreign policy was anything close to Libertarian. Actually it was the 180 degrees the opposite.

30. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

That was when they were running against each other. Funny how he’s kissing Trump’s *** now after all the WINNING that’s happened.