Impeachment

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Nah, you'd ask me to do your research again then offer some intended insult like "MSM bot" when the argument is lost. It's a fruitless exercise and a rather juvenile idea.

2. Seattle Husker

Almost as much as you do excrement. Isn't this fun?

You've pulled me down to gradeschool arguments. I apologize to the adults on the board who actually care about these heady topics. Nearly 2 pages of garbage. I'll endeavor to stay above the 2nd grade arguments.

3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I'm not the one who put up the picture, did I?

4. Seattle Husker

The arguments between you, I35 and I put us all in the Dumb and Dumber category. They are the equivalent of our POTUS tweeting.

(Just trying to get us back on task.)

5. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Like I said i can't wait until the IG and Dunham investigations release. I'm going to have so much fun with you.

6. Seattle Husker

Nah, you won't read it. Just wait for JoeFan to post any highlight memes.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

$900k
    If it seems like a lot of money to an American, think of what it sounds like to a Ukrainian

Former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden received $900,000 for lobbying activities from Burisma Group, Ukraine's Verkhovna Rada member Andriy Derkach said citing investigation materials.

Derkach publicized documents which, as he said, "describe the mechanism of getting money by Biden Sr." at a press conference at Interfax-Ukraine's press center in Kyiv on Wednesday.

"This was the transfer of Burisma Group's funds for lobbying activities, as investigators believe, personally to Joe Biden through a lobbying company. Funds in the amount of $900,000 were transferred to the U.S.-based company Rosemont Seneca Partners, which according to open sources, in particular, the New York Times, is affiliated with Biden. The payment reference was payment for consultative services," Derkach said.

He also publicized sums that were transferred to Burisma Group representatives, in particular Hunter Biden, a son of the former U.S. vice president.

"According to the documents, Burisma paid no less than $16.5 million to [former Polish President, who became an independent director at Burisma Holdings in 2014] Aleksander Kwasniewski, [chairman of the Burisma board of independent directors] Alan Apter, [Burisma independent director] Devon Archer and Hunter Biden [who joined the Burisma board of directors in 2014]," Derkach said...."

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I'll read both of them. You'll go by whatever the MSM tells you to think.

9. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

What has he and his party ever been right about? His party claims there’s Russian Collusion and he bites every time they accuse Trump of something only to be proven wrong later. He gloats and claims victory only to look like the sheep that he is. Tucks his tail and doesn’t respond to that topic anymore. It’s a pattern and the democrats play book. Put something on the front page one day and later in small print in page 16 a retraction. Many times they don’t even do that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Did you not hear Adam Shiff’s opening comments? Did you read the transcript?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm sorry but this one was funny and I had to give it its due.

:e-face-tears::e-face-tears::e-face-tears::e-face-tears::e-face-tears:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Seattle Husker

That's not an answer to this claim.

I'll ask again, what is false?

13. Seattle Husker

Yeah, clearly all Presidents push foreign countries to investigate political opponents. Nope...no precedent there. Nothing to see...move along...all is well...

14. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Let’s make this easier. Because I asked this a few pages back and he didn’t respond. What laws have Trump broken that should get him impeached?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I'm still trying to find the law that says you can't suggest a country investigate a "political opponent", who is 1 of 19 candidates running to be president.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Well it’s not a quid pro quo by anybodies definition because Trump didn’t threaten to harm the leader or its country in any way. Also the Ukraine leader stated he didn’t feel any pressure at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

True, but their excuse now is that you can't suggest a country investigate a "political opponent". Just MSM propaganda with no basis in law.

19. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The polls also had H. Clinton being president.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Let me get this straight. The average informed person knows that no law was broken yet 51% want impeachment. :lmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Seattle Husker

The average person knows that a law doesn't have to be broken to impeach. You can Venmo me a consultation fee.

23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Yes, but how many times has someone been impeached without a law being broken? Good luck with that. If you believe the public sentiment is really on your side by all means do the vote.

24. Seattle Husker

Based on that poll 51% are ready. What are the odds that increases as the Whitehouse stonewalls the investigation?

Btw- Obstruction of Justice was one of the articles of impeachment for Nixon. Trump and his advisers had to know that they are playing into the impeachment articles by stonewalling. I suspect their strategy is to delay and hope to push any move to the Senate until after the 2020 election, should it get that far.

TheHill is saying that Yanukovich, the former Ukraine Ambassador is committing to testify. She's still a State Dept. employee I believe so not sure why State would let her testify and not Sondland. If they do, that's a sure sign Sondland has info that is not favorable to Trump.

25. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The odds? Close to zilch. Please, do the vote. You'll see in 2020 just how accurate that poll is. This is going to come crashing down on the dems and I can't wait to see it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  26. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Liberal Dems live by the polls because it’s false facts. They depend on polls that are hardly ever accurate as an argument because facts interfere with their talking points.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Are Dems still relying on the so called whistleblower's letter or have they made something else up?

28. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

There's no way I can keep up. So I'm trying to simplify:

1) Did Trump ask the Ukrainians to investigate Biden?
    2) Did he offer them a carrot or stick or nothing at all?
    3) Do we care at all that Biden's son happened to be the one the Ukrainians decided to hire?
    4) Why isn't it any of this Trump's business if Obama and Biden were concerning themselves with corruption within the Ukraine?
    5) Why didn't it matter to anyone that Hillary blurted out to Maddow for the Chinese to get Trump's tax returns? Is it because she wasn't President or because there are a different set of rules for her in general?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  29. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Zelensky is saying today that he was not pressured, there was no blackmail, anything.

I'm sure Andy Kaufman, er, Schiff, et al, will just say he is being pressured to say that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Bystander, I will save you a lot of time and trouble: Trump is guilty of being Trump.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1