Impeachment

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Sep 24, 2019.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Those related to the 2016 election interference by Ukraine.

2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

It is the point. I'm not trying to distract from the topic at hand but rather using it as a giant gleaming spotlight on the Hunter Biden saga. I've welcomed the Hunter Biden discussion and other unethical nepotism topics. My goal is for consistency in partisan viewpoints.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Apparently everyone in Washington is aware of the corruption in Ukraine, even the link to the Bidens.

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The corruption in Ukraine is mostly political in nature (of that being reported). So how do you separate politics into boxes? You can’t. Politics is one big conflict of interest, which is okay. Just keep the money for personal interest out of it.

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

SH wants purity politics that never existed. :rolleyes1:

6. Seattle Husker

Can we be clear? Claiming to find mythical DNC server in Ukraine is not "investigating 2016 election interference". There is a reason the DOJ was dumbfounded at Mulvaney's claim tgat the White House witheld aid for that purpose.

As Tom Bossert, Trump's former Homeland Security Secretary said Trump/Guiliani are pushing debunked conspiracy theories.

If the DOJ is pursuing this as a lead which no evidence exists that they are, then the POTUS should not be stepping in the middle. At the very least it gives the perception of Trump Administration corruption. Given the DOJ's surprise at Mulvaney's statement I don't believe it's merely perception anymore.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Seattle Husker

Ahh, the Mulvaney excuse. We did it, get over it. If that's not blatant partisanship, I'm not sure what is.

8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

SH wants purity in politics that never existed. As previously mentioned, sometimes it takes head to head agreement to get the underlings to get the work done.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Not impeachable. Corruption by the bidens is politics. Political corruption in Ukraine is politics. It’s all politics, not impeachable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I would normally agree with you but Hunter taking $1m per year and Joe on tape with his quid pro quo statements absolves Trump. How can the president ignore this?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Seattle Husker

Joe stated he pushed for Shokins removal because he wasn't attacking corruption is a quid pro quo? Did he say on tape like Mulvaney that aid was withheld for his own political desires?

12. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

He also knew that this prosecutor was going after his son's moneymaker.

13. Seattle Husker

He knew he wasn't going after Burisma who had a a stalled investigation lookingvatva period that predated Hunter's Board seat, or virtually any corruption. That was kind of the point which I proved to I35 in the myriad of links above. It's the inconvenient fact that some continue to ignore.

14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Except that's not what Shokin is saying. Ex-Ukraine prosecutor said he was told to back off probe of Biden-linked firm, files show

15. Seattle Husker

According to Guiliani. Seriously? I offered multiple links above that quoted Shokin's Deputy Prosecutor who publicly resigned over lack of focus on corruption in 2016 citing Burisma specifically, the IMF, the US Ambassador to Ukraine and others.

You counter with Guiliani's notes. A guy who is currently under investigation by the Feds and whose business associates are in jail awaiting arraignment.

Guiliani may eventually be vindicated but I wouldn't bet my house on it, not even my shed.

16. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Btw, Guilani's legal problems look to be more political in nature than anything else (could be wrong, but doubt it), just like Trump's is. Btw, Biden joined the board (which had been in hot water) in 2014, then his father threatened the aid in 2015. Timing is highly suspicious.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Seattle Husker

1. You'll need to help me understand your supposition that Guiliani's troubles are merely "political".

2. Edit- Removed my incorrect information on Hunder Biden.

18. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I don't know what you've been reading but he joined the board on April 2014 according to this NYT article and Wikipedia. Joe Biden, His Son and the Case Against a Ukrainian Oligarch

Do a search on google with "Hunter biden joined burisma april 2014" and you'll confirm that I'm correct. If you have something legit that can counteract it, please share. J

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like politics.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  21. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  23. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Posting with you is the perfect example of " you're exhausting "

In regards to Ivanka, she was a business woman with international interests and success before she even got to the White House. Can you dig it? It's not like hunter Biden getting a job in an industry he never worked in, in a country he never had business dealings with. If it weren't for his VP dad, he wouldn't have earned a dime in any deal there.

Does that make sense to you? Biden used influence to stuff the pocket of his son in a situation he wasn't worthy of profiting in any form or fashion (unless cocaine use was required experience) . It's been reported that someone raised objections to hunters deal, but the obama administration turned the other way.

To me, I'm interested in how many other deals like this went down in Ukraine. How many other coke head children of the obama administration profited? In order to find out we need this investigation to expand.

Look, your mind is made up. No other facts will bend your wrong stance and I'm ok with that. It's what you do. Someone lays out facts and you miss the obvious.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Seattle Husker

Summary: I'm justifying nepotism and unethical behavior of my preferred politician while criticizing the nepotism of the opposition.

Wtf?????

25. Seattle Husker

26. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

That's rich, especially coming from the poster whose party has done everything possible to invalidate a legitimate election result since the night the results became a finality...

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Summary. You're exhausting. Clueless, painfully partisan... And exhausting.

28. Seattle Husker

Mental gymnastics are typically exhausting so you should expect to be tired.

29. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Excuse me SH but that nepotism justifying post of yours sounds exactly (to me) what you are doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Think of all the mental gymnastics the Dems have had to do to relieve them of the cognitive dissonance they experienced after Trump’s election. Even when Trump is gone, I think their “mental” issues will remain.