Impeachment

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The one thing that seems to be clear do far is that there were policy differences between some of the career State folks and the elected President
    Trump's Americas First policies do not sit well with some of the career folks

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And the super shady "whistleblower" too

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It is as if they never accepted the results of the election, i.e., unelected bureaucrats pushing back against the will of the people. They think they know better. And perhaps in some instances they do. But that is not the point.
    Shining a light on this attitude at the Foggy Bottom stop might be one of the few good things that come out of this

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I admit obvious bias, but I do not think those first two hours was a good start for them. I dont see how this will capture and hold the attention of the public. So no one will watch and no one will change their mind.
    And the designated lawyers are making me cringe

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Asking for a link that’s a known fact by all exposes that you have cable simply to get CNN only.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

When Trump's college yearbook showed him in a photo in Black Face, damn, that did it for me right there. Can't get any worse than that...

(speaking of looking "past it", as you say)

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Bill Taylor's posts, besides Ukraine, were --
    Libya
    Syria
    Egypt
    Afghanistan
    Tunisia
    And he "facilitated the Israeli disengagement from Gaza and parts of the West Bank"

How do we look at this? Is this a good resume for an American diplomat? Or does it look like he one of the group of people inside State who got us in a bunch of related but different messes? What is the proper way to look at this?
    One of Trump's platforms that was that these people had failed us and he would work to get us out of these messes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Good point and one I wish more would realize. The intelligence/military community is the group is really against Trump. They are called by other names: deep state, career bureaucrats, DOD, Pentagon, NSA, unelected officials, etc.

Trump doesn't like signing off on their plans for more war, so have been trying to discredit and remove him since the election. It isn't the Democrats per se, but it helps them get back in power so of course they will go along with it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Joe
    Interesting angle. I did not know his resume.
    Mr Castor, a Pub attorney is making both of them look clueless except for their biased position on policy.

10. Horn2RunAgain

Taylor looks embarrassingly bad, if the goal was to bring down Trump

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Horn2RunAgain

Hunter Biden... poor guy, he's been skewered by Counsel without him even being present. If he has to be present before the senate... good luck you, young man

12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Shifft went on and on in his opening statement that Trump severely jeopardized Ukraine's safety from Russia. Taylor said he was so concerned for Ukraine when he could look across and see Russians.

Interesting Oped by WaPO. It details how Obama refused military aid to Ukraine.
    https://nypost.com/2019/10/09/sorry-joe-team-obama-refused-to-arm-ukraine-at-all/
    "None of this excuses Trump’s delaying a new round of lethal military aid to Ukraine. But if this military assistance was as vital to countering the Russian threat as Biden says, then it’s fair to ask: Why didn’t the United States provide it when Biden was the Obama administration’s point man on Ukraine?"
    2019, The Washington Post Writers Group

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

John Ratcliffe has a much better flow going
    He is from Texas and I think a former US Attorney

The one guy on the R side who McCarthy left on (or I think he is still on), is Will Hurd. Never-Trump guys like him should not be on this panel. The Rs left a couple of dubious choices on, but IMO, Hurd (who is former Deep State himself) is the worst decision. He should have been replaced

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He was not on the call -- so only a hearsay witness to it
    To me, he is an odd choice to start with. Usually you want to start strong, grab everyone's attention. In this, they failed, IMO

Kent, however, does seem to have a firm grasp of the facts. And whether he intended it or not, he made a good case for the need to investigate Burisma, Ukraine corruption and the Bidens

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Horn2RunAgain

So far he hasn't detailed any poor decisions etc by Rudy G, just that it wasn't the norm for him to be involved

You have to have severe bias against POTUS to see anything impeachable here. At least what's been said so far

Agree, I thought the bomb shells would come early.

(Taylor just looks worse and worse as it goes along)

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Schiff's star witness can only offer hearsay

*"here"

17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Surely there would be a link by someone raising holy heck if he kept anyone from the Intelligence Committee out of any Committee meeting.

18. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yes, many raised holy heck about what Schiff did with his secret room in the basement

Let Me Google That

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

None of that indicates that he did what you said - "barr committee members from attending their committee meetings". That's all about him being corrupt and mean and not fair. That may be correct. But that's not what you laid out as a fact set.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Although Kent, despite being being in charge of the Ukraine desk, said he had never heard of Crowdstrike. I am dubious of that claim.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Here's your quote: "No, relevant committee members who tried to attend were not allowed entry per Schiff"

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Which is not what you claimed I wrote, is it?
    Just admit it, move on

27. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

That's a cut/paste from your post about 2 pages ago.

28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Exhibit XIVII

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Game over:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Funny, watch till end:

• Winner Winner x 2