Impeachment

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Uh that is not exactly what that Vermont Guv said. Fake headline .

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

With respect to Trump "saying and doing stupid ****", I wonder how many people would hold up as well as he has, while accomplishing as much as he has, under the constant Dem and media scrutiny and witch hunts he has had to deal with.

If he does and says stupid things, I'll cut him some slack based on all that.

I see stupid posts around here from people, me included, under far less scrutiny.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Quite true. In fact I'll say that there isn't a person here (supporter or hater) that could have accomplished as much as he has.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

:popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I’ll await Husker’s defense.

6. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

At this point, I can't disagree that Trump's instincts are usually towards being hamfisted and overbearing, which means there is easily a quid pro quo appearance to what he is doing.

However, because of all the insane criticism, I just can't bring myself to care or think he has really done something awful. If it is awful, it is the same kind of awful the American people have tolerated from Presidents for the last 60 years. If you think Trump is corrupt and tries to force his way, you should read up about LBJ.

That SOB kept Austin tv and radio censored just about until he died. I think it is one of the reasons Austin has been the progressive capital of Texas. Having a large university is another factor of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Apparently a symptom of TDS is losing a sense of humor.

9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Trump takes more ******** and more unfair ******** than any politician I have seen and frankly, more than I would think was even reasonably possible. He has had not only the opposition party but almost the entire political media of the entire Western world crapping in its pants basically ever since he set foot in the White House. That is undeniably true. George W. Bush, Newt Gingrich, Ronald Reagan, and Richard Nixon had it pretty rough, but neither of them dealt with what Trump deals with or even anything close to it.

But here's the problem. A very large amount of Trump's difficulties are self-created. That doesn't mean they wouldn't be crapping in their pants even if he was perfect. They still would be. However, he very often does and says stupid things that give unearned and undeserved power and credibility to his incontinent political enemies. For example, the Mueller investigation and appointment is entirely a product of Trump. He brought it on himself. If he had listened to and obeyed legal professionals, he could have avoided it. In fact, the entire obstruction of justice section of Mueller's report (ya know, the part that wasn't an exoneration) is basically Trump saying a bunch of stupid **** to people.

And why even dance or pretend to dance with Putin? The entire Russian connection to Trump triggered political (even if not legal) momentum because of how he talked about Vladimir Putin. Trump has not behaved like a Russian stooge. He went along with sanctions on Russia. He has built up the military in Europe. He is sending military aid to Ukraine - something Obama wasn't willing to do. He's more confrontational and adversarial to Russia than any previous president since Reagan. However, rhetorically, Trump licked the Putin's sweaty ball sack every chance he got. (Frankly, his foreign policy is what cost him my vote.) Why did he do that? Obviously, that wasn't his real agenda, and there was no political upside to it. Vladimir Putin was viewed overwhelmingly negatively in the US by both parties when Trump was running. What was gained by licking his balls other than just to be contrarian? It was utter stupidity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  10. horninchicago

@Mr. Deez I get what you are saying. His uttering of the word "favor" was ill advised. Most people agree on that. It certainly is not a crime. However, I have posted many times and stand by my belief that most, if not all, of Trump's "stupid" tweets, etc., are intentional to troll the media and hysterical left into falling all over themselves finding a reason to impeach Trump over said tweets while he gets things done behind closed doors.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I understand the desire to troll, and not all of it is a problem. However, if you're going to troll with no filter and no self-control, eventually you're going to do something that's damaging to yourself. Furthermore, a lot of what has gotten him into trouble wasn't trolling. It was stuff he said to his own people.

• Like Like x 1
  12. horninchicago

Frankly, I like it. I hate the PC politics as usual that has been going on forever. That is what got him elected is his non-PC thumbing of his nose at the establishment and established norms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Did I hear Pelosi say what we have is ‘a cover up of a cover up’? Oh Brother!

15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I like some of it too, especially his refusal to pretend that the media is generally fair or unbiased. There's no reason why a Republican would show a guy like Jim Acosta or frankly anyone at CNN or the New York Times any respect at all. However, it becomes a problem when he says something that puts him into criminal jeopardy or inflicts needless damage on his reelection prospects. You can be politically incorrect without doing that.

And much of it has nothing to do with political correctness. Is it politically incorrect to publicly lick Vladimir Putin's balls? I don't really see how.

16. horninchicago

Agree with most of this. I think he has been just as tough on Russia in much of his rhetoric and certainly wouldn't characterize him as licking balls.

When he ramps up the talk against, say, Kim Jung Un, he is accused of putting us on the brink of WWIII. I think he realizes he is more likely to have good relations with Russia by not using the same tactics with Putin.

17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

But he actually licks Kim Jung Un's balls too. He's far more complimentary of both of them than he is of some other Western leaders who are much more favorable to the United States. For example, he basically takes a piss on Angela Merkel every chance he gets. Don't get me wrong. I understand. She screwed up the migrant issue terribly and deserves plenty of flack, but she is still mostly an ally of the United States. She's certainly not the monster that Kim Jong Un is, but he gets much better treatment from Trump.

18. horninchicago

He can't win. He calls him "Rocket Man", silly for sure, he is going to start WWIII. It got him to the table though, so then he speaks well of him, he's licking balls. Can't win.

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

With the media, he can't win. But with fair-minded people, he can, but he does have to try. Like I said, his nuttiness on foreign policy cost him my vote. It wasn't the politically incorrect stuff.

20. horninchicago

Unfortunately, he probably doesn't read Hornfans so you won't be able to convince him.

21. horninchicago

Edit: The strategy, frankly, may be to do and say things that rile up the dems so much and cause media hysteria that it will sway fair-minded people to disavow both of these groups.

22. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

So which of the third party loons without a chance DID get your vote? After all, I don't envision you as an HRC supporter (talk about a disaster for the Country had she been elected).

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

24. horninchicago

Chris Wallace was on Fox News earlier. He doesn't get that this was said in a joking Trumpesque either.

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I voted Libertarian. And of course, that presents its own set of problems. However, I could at least claim to be voting for fiscal conservatism. Trump had nothing to offer me. He was a disorganized mess on foreign policy, and he broke with the GOP's longstanding support for entitlement reform and generally advocated spending like a drunken sailor. On foreign policy, he has done better than I expected, because he has mostly let others take the lead. However, on fiscal policy, he has pretty much been the disaster that he claimed to be. - probably the most fiscally irresponsible president since LBJ.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Joe Fan says he does.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  27. horninchicago

I agree with a lot of his posts, too, but not that tongue in cheek assertion of his.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  28. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Fox News has its issues with fake news as well, especially from their night-time opinion people.

29. horninchicago

Opinion people are just that and they will try to sway people.

Real fake news is the likes of Anderson Cooper, She Smith, Wallace, et al, who pretend to be real correspondents and use deceptive practices.

You know what you're getting with Hannity and Mancow, er, I mean, Maddow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Self created can be said about any of our past President. Not defending your self against the media are self created on bowing to the critics. Obama had an open mic talking about his flexibility after the election with one of Putin’s guys. The difference is what the media does with info after that. The small things are made huge when it’s trump but doesn’t say anything when it’s a dem. It’s a perception thing they do. Then people (many here) like feeds into it when it’s about Trump. It’s like they can’t think for themselves and allows the media to influence their thoughts on each report. They just need to open their eyes. But they already hate Trump and are wanting to believe things. No hope for people when they are at that point.

Basically when Trump stands up for himself against the media no matter how politically incorrect it is, it’s better than allowing the media to dictate a President’s decisions by worrying how it comes across politically. Instead it makes people and media throw temper tantrums and stomp their feet like they are little kids. Those actions are their own doing. Trump wins every time because everyone was tired of the direction we were going.

• Agree Agree x 3