Impeachment

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Hunter Biden. I've said before...if we want to pursue every perceived unethical action of every child of a politician then let's go. I doubt anyone wants to do that. I think Ambassador Volker said it best when he learned about the Biden's tie when he called it "self serving", which targeted corruption usually is.

2. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Doing things like this in a country that has a reputation for corruption doesn't look good. Trump had every right to ask Ukraine to look into this. Being a "political opponent" isn't a get out of jail free card.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

It is not the action of Hunter Biden alone. It is Joe's public statement he threatened Ukraine.
    IF Joe were not one of 21 candidates wouldn't the Dems want corruption investigated?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

No, but IF Joe had an R behind his name, they would want him thrown under the jail.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I see what you are saying, but in this case this has been a complete clown show for not just for the impeachment, but the whole three years of the Schitt show (Russia gate) Their side is desperate for credibility. So they don’t get the benefit of doubt. I can’t think of a scenario where they can unless they have a video of Trump’s actual words bribing or doing a Quid pro quo. Outside of that I think we are at a point of no return and not even the media can bail them out. Facts will finally win out the day. Also the perception is that it’s a complete witch hunt and it was more of their own actions rather than Republicans calling foul.

6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Again, if he actually cared about the actual corruption part he would not be concerned with the Pres announcing it on US tv. How do you people miss that simple point?

7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

What will win is that he could gun down some mother ****** on 5th Avenue and the sycophants would not vote to impeach him.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

How is that worse than the Dems exposing the corruption via this impeachment hearing?

10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Actually Trump wanting Ze to announce invetigation publically shows Trump does want the corruption stopped and Investigated.
    It has been pointed several times that Ukraine gov't has a history of promising change and investigation only to ignore those promises later.
    Trump saying he does not want anything but got Zelensky to do the right thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

CNN caught once again making up fake news.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Seattle Husker

Trump said this on Sept. 9th- the day a congressional investigation was launched after the presence of a Whistleblower news leaked.

Sept. 11- the Trump hold on the aid was released.

13. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Of course, Trumpster deleted it.

14. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm only saying that Sondland changing his testimony isn't necessarily BS. I'm not defending how Democrats are running this process. They're doing a terrible job.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Once again the media/dems is lying about what Sondland actually said.

17. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

18. Seattle Husker

In other words...they aren't saying what you want to believe. Please post again the BS that Meadows claimed Sondland wasn't admitting to a quid pro quo. I need more of the "up is down" debate tactic to chuckle at.

19. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Only if the guy he targeted was a democrat. Otherwise, I'd have an issue with it. ;)

20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm still watching the testimony, so I haven't formed an opinion on it yet. However, I'm not sure what reason he has to lie. He's a Trump donor and loyalist. He's not a career diplomat or "deep stater."

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  21. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Crazy cult Christians shot Rep Jackie Speier 5 times. f**k those guys.

22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Just a side note - Gordon Sondland looks and talks like the great Stephen Tobolowsky.

• Like Like x 1
  23. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Too bad you're not smart enough to figure out that Sondland's assumptions are not facts.

25. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Btw, @Seattle Husker Watch Mchammer's video which blows away what CNN just reported.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Seattle Husker

That hurts. I'll be forced into the solace that I'm smart enough to realize that Meadows was shoveling BS. I guess that gives me a leg up on those who weren't smart enough to not regurgitate it.

27. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

It wasn't BS. Read paragraphs 4 and 5 on Sondland's testimony. These were ASSUMPTIONS on Sondland's part, not facts. I know having to think for yourself instead of letting yourself get brainwashed by the MSM is hard but try it some time. You might actually get something right. o_O

28. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Well of course F those guys but they are hardly an example of anyone or anything except mental illness. If you wish to impute Jones onto every Christian then I'd say you have a world class hang-up and in analyzing virtually anything you say one must take that into consideration.

And just so you know, yesterday I stated unequivocally that I support separation of church and state. And I'll add to that: Vigorously.

• Winner Winner x 1
  29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Any "testimony" that starts with the words, "I presume" is not a fact.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Husker hasn't figured that part out yet.

• Agree Agree x 1