In Chicago for Super Bowl

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by UT wildcatter, Jan 22, 2007.

1. UT wildcatter

UT wildcatter 100+ Posts

I'll be staying at the W on Saturday and Sunday night of Super Bowl weekend. I've only been in Chicago for 1 night before and we ate at Gibson's.

Just wondering what steakhouse I should try on Saturday, where I can catch a good band after, and where I should try and go to watch the game on Sunday.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. OweYou

OweYou 25+ Posts

You can't go wrong with pretty much any of the steakhouses downtown (Gibson's Chicago Chop House, Mortons, Gene and Georgetti's, etc).

For bands, check out who's playing at Metro or Schubas. Those get good indie-type national acts.

For the game, I would suggest Joe's on Weed St. It is massive and will be packed to the gills with 1,000+ Chicago fans and tons of TVs including some massive screens in the back room. There will be a big line to get in I am sure. I would not suggest showing up there in your Manning jersey.

3. irishtexan

irishtexan 100+ Posts

I second Gene & Georgetti's. A friend's father owns the place and I have had some fantastic meals there. Has a very old school atmosphere and really tries to capture the "CHicago experience".

As far as the game goes, depends on what kind of scene you like. Joe's will be packed, as previously mentioned. Wrigleyville will also have thousands of sports fans in all the bars. Regardless, it should be fun. I'm kinda pissed because I'll be in NYC over the weekend. Have fun. Message me if you want more specific info on places in Chicago.

4. Spankytoes

Spankytoes 100+ Posts

Have to hit Lou Malnatti's at some point. Get the buttercrust Chicago Style and thank me later.

5. Next Monday

Next Monday 25+ Posts

Dangit...too late...Where did you watch the game?