in his own words

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by 911_horn, Aug 3, 2009.

1. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

2. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

George W. Bush, in his own words:

3. Orange&White

Orange&White 1,000+ Posts

What does a George Bush statement from a few years ago about terrorist have to do with a Health Care proposal that is currently being discussed as a trillion dollar government cost?

Are you Dems going to fall back on the "Bush did it too" line forever? At what point do you hold your candidate responsible?

4. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

5. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

6. IRC

IRC 1,000+ Posts

So from this thread, we are now to understand that it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever what Obama says, because Bush said we didn't need to fear terrorists.

Gotcha! [​IMG]

Man, I love liberals. (Don't listen to what "WE" say. Bush sucks!)

7. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Guest

Enough little snippets, and you begin to see the outlines of a compelling case. Unless you don't want to see it.

8. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

9. Navyfan

Navyfan 100+ Posts

10. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Guest

11. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

12. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

I heard a similar quote from Barney Frank over the past few days on a news story. He was being interviewed as he was walking into some meeting or other (sorry I don't have a link). Anyway, he was asked something about a single-payer system and he said that the current proposals are the first step and that we will eventually get there (single-payer). That sure makes me feel better. If i'm not mistaken, I think a single-payer system would eliminate any choices we have regarding coverages. Certainly there would be no choice as to where to get the coverage. But, Obama and others have been telling us that we won't lose our existing coverage and that we will continue to have choices. I guess I don't understand how we can maintain choice AND eventually get to a single-payer system. I'm sure all the intellectuals can explain why though...

13. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Guest

14. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

15. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

16. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

MTF, you never answered Coel's question. Instead you danced around it. What did Obama mean to say?

17. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

18. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

19. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

20. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

BTW, a single payer system is tempting as much BS as we put up everyday from the insurance companies.

21. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

22. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

23. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

24. Ag with kids

Ag with kids 2,500+ Posts

25. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

In reply to:

26. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

In reply to:

27. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

MTF..I tend to believe #1 is the case. Since I'm going to be on MediCare in a few years, I'll be under a single-payer anyway.

28. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

29. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

I think MTF is making some pretty strong points about this whole "context" thing.

would the OP like to debate the full text of Obama's answer? Probably not.

30. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

I love to watch Republicans twist themselves in knots attacking a health-care plan to cover all Americans which may cost up to $1 trillion, and defending a pointless, illegal invasion & occupation of a sovereign nation halfway around the world which will likely end up costing $1 trillion. [​IMG]