in Texas elections this week.................

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by huisache, May 3, 2021.

1. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

In San Antonio an ordinance to eliminate collective bargaining for the cops lost. Supporters were trying to rein in the political power of the police department to determine salaries and to reform the grievance procedures. Cops won but not by much

In Austin, the voters gave an extended middle finger to the mayor and city council by reinstating an ordinance that prohibited using public parks, etc as camping sites for the growing homeless population.

This suggests a more conservative tilt in two of the more liberal urban areas in the state.

If I have over simplified the issues, please feel free to correct me. I don't live in either of those cities.

• Like Like x 1
  2. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Also heard Southlake ISD voted out the school board after they had allowed the “1619” bullshite into the curriculum, and two republicans garnered 62% of the vote over a lib in a special election for the U. S. House of Representatives. Trump won that district by 3%.

• Like Like x 4
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

4. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

5. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Tigers, lions, etc. are Republicans and sheep, lap dogs, etc. are Dems, right?

6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

He’s obviously a demoCAT

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

No, dems are more like mosquitos, fire ants, tapeworms, etc. Useless and/or parasitic.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2