Incoming Big 12 freshmen

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, May 31, 2008.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I was just looking at who’s coming in to the Big 12 next season cuz I have nothing else to do. [​IMG]
    Baylor has the most coming in (6) with five guards and one post. Plus they got two transfer posts for 2009. Players come from all over (Canada to Florida, California to Alabama, although a lot of Texans show up). Those coaches are racking up a lot of miles. Post any freshmen that I missed.

Player/State/Ht/Pos/Nat rank/Position rank (Hoopgurlz)

Baylor+
    Ashley Field. Texas, 6-2 P
    Cherrish Wallace , California, 5-6 G
    Lindsay Palmer , Oklahoma. 5-10 G (Miss Basketball All-American.)
    Terran Condrey , Alabama, 5-7 G
    Brianna Brown, Arizona, 5-8 G
    Cherrish Wallace, California, 5-6 G

and transfers (available to play in 2009)
    Morghan Medlock, 6-1, F/P, formerly at Southern Cal
    Whitney Zachariason - 6-2, F/P, formerly at Arkansas (2007 Arkansas' Gatorade Girls' Basketball Player of the Year)

Colorado+
    Alyssa Fressle, Colorado, 5-10 PG(76/14)
    Julie Seabrook, Canada, 6-3 F (2007 Canada Junior National Team)

ISU+
    Alexis Yackley, S. Dakota, 5-7G
    Ashley Arlen, Iowa, 6-1 F
    Whitney Williams, Texas, 5-7 G

Kansas+
    Angel Goodrich, Oklahoma, 5-5 PG (48/9)
    Aishah Sutherland, California, 6-2 F
    Ashley Ellis , California, 6-4 P

KSU+
    Alina Voronenko, Missouri, 6-2 G (53/17)
    Jalana Childs , Florida, 6-2 F
    Jennifer Gilbertson, Minnesota, 6-2 F

Missouri+
    Bailey Gee , Kansas, 5-11 (EA SPORTS All-American and the 2008 Miss Kansas Basketball)
    Christine Flores, Texas, 6-3 P
    Kendra Frazier, Kansas, 6-5 P (2007-08 Kansas Gatorade Player of the Year )

Nebraska+
    Harleen Sidhu, British Columbia, 6-1 F (2006 Canadian Under 17 National Team)
    Layne Reeves, Texas, 5-11 G

Oklahoma+
    Whitney Hand, Texas, 6-1 G (38/10)
    Jasmine Hartman, Texas, 5-11 PG

OSU+
    Kelsey Hatcher, Arkansas, 5-10 G (in top 25 by Collegiate Girls Basketball Report,)
    and from Junior College
    Tegan Cunningham, Australia, 6-1 W (Seward County (Kan.) Community College,)

Texas+
    Ashley Gayle, Nevada, 6-4 F (40/7)
    Yvonne Anderson, Missouri, 5-6 PG (42/7)
    Ashleigh Fontenette, Texas, 5-8 G

A&M+
    Adaora Elonu, Texas, 6-0 F (34/9) (No. 49 and the sixth-best PF of 2008 by the All-Star Girls Basketball Report)
    Kelsey Assarian, Florida, 6-1 P (99/22) (No. 54 and the eighth-best PF of 2008 by the All-Star Girls Basketball Report)
    Skylar Collins, Texas, 5-9 G (No. 44 overall and the sixth-best SG in 2008 by the All-Star Girls Basketball Report,)
    Sydney Carter, Texas, 5-6 G (No. 63 overall and the 10th-best PG of 2008 by the All-Star Girls Basketball Report)

Tech+
    Jordan Barncastle, Texas, 6-2 F
    Kierra Mallard, Texas, 6-2 F (Street & Smith's All-American)
    Lindie Kimbro , Texas, 5-9 G
    and from Junior College
    Tilmila Martin, 5-6 PG, Blinn College, (3rd team All-America by the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA).)

2. rosevilleblock

rosevilleblock 250+ Posts

will the two transfers at Baylor be able to play in january 2009 or November 2009 for the 09-10 season?

3. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Medlock will have to sit out this next year. She'll be eligible in 2009/2010.

Zachariason will be eligible this coming season, but i'm not sure if she will be eligible this fall or in Januarhy 2009.

4. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sorry, TxsNos,
    my mistake, I compiled the list from various sources and combined them. I missed editing her name when putting the final list together. It should be five frosh, one post and four Gs for Baylor.