INFLATION--the Gold bugs are back, led by major Chinese Institutional Investors

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Chop, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Some people don't know you have a sense of humor.:lol:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hahahaha, ya think?

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I think HHD knows that. I think he is just recomfirming HE would never for for a dem

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Ha!

I guess we should hire philosophy majors to do geology reports.

Maybe we could save some $ by hiring an Art History major, instead of a CPA, to do our taxes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

6. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

7. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    :arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up:
    The Chair(wo)man of Mexico's Fed
    [​IMG]

Mexico Banxico Target Rate (%, eop).

“We expect Banxico to continue tightening until mid-2023, bringing the policy rate to 11.75%, and that it will hold the rate at that level until early 2024."

8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Honorable mention:

Cuba........42.08%

Iran..........47.7%

10. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Sorry, Mr. Deez - missed it. Guess my Sarcasm Detector was temporarily offline. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

14. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

15. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Here's a better idea:

If more than a certain % of flights for a day are cancelled or delayed over a certain amount of time, the CEO of that airline must spend the next 24 hours in an airport (and outside the "Admirals Club", etc.).

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Peter Boockvar, CIO of Bleakley Financial Group

While inflation could see a 2 or 3 handle by year-end, it is where it settles out at on a sustainable basis in 2024 that should be most relevant. We know, though, that we have a slowdown in rents to come that will show up in the calculations and core inflation will continue to fall.

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

David Bahnsen, CIO at The Bahnsen Group,

The actual inflation rate is very likely at the Fed’s 2% target due to the way shelter and housing components are calculated. The housing component of CPI is largely representative of rental prices, which has a lag effect as renters typically lock-in their lease for long periods of time. Real estate prices across the board have declined considerably in recent months, and it’s going to take a few more months for the CPI to reflect this decline.

18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Inflation due to rents has peaked (see graph below). Once this flips, inflation will drop from 4.9% (today) to ~3% by October.

19. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I guess I need to head down and get some new glasses?:idk::confused2:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

CABD4342-4D05-4400-B847-5A9FC7435B57.jpeg

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Not that anyone cares, but . . .

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  22. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

2%?
    As stated, our home insurance premiums went up 40%. No offense intended, but in the nicest terms I can convey my disagreement on these reports of low inflation rates is "that's complete *********"

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Print more $, more inflation. Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Page A2 of today's WSJ - High Inflation Is Bad, Accepting It Is Worse.

Compare today's inflation to the same day in 2019 (the last before COVID) or even 2021. It is up substantially and that increase is permanent.

25. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

It's permanent. The only saving grace is if salaries/labor rates increase to the same degree. But I can say that mine haven't. Car insurance up 30% this year too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

PPI is falling like a rock:83BD1E26-22FF-4E7E-9608-E4832D2F3161.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Due to the sharp decrease in money supply, PPI will likely be deflationary (lower prices) by Fall:

1EDF5B00-4B8B-4B33-97B5-5F47182FF25F.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

At least you have a job. At my company, all high paid employees (beneath business director level) are being heavily scrutinized for performance. Basically if are replaceable you are shown the door and replaced with a younger, lower paid employee.

Last edited: May 11, 2023
  29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Prices of goods will likely fall somewhat by the end of the year and then hold for a long time. Prices of services will inflate as long as labor wages keep increasing, but wages will likely return to equilibrium once the unemployment rate starts to rise.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    Last edited: May 11, 2023
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

80% of the 2-3% inflation today is comprised of rents and insurance. If your home insurance premium went up $1000 recently and you spend $50k annually, then it only adds 2% points to the inflation total. The other 1% or so is inflation in the other items. Note you only see the inflation in your insurance premium once per year. Most of the inflation could have happened 6 months ago but you didn’t know it.