Insert fork

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by txlandagent, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

I agree that they don't get in and won't win the next two games. It's more likely KU wins by 30 than a Shaka led team gets a road upset at the phong.
    I don't need to wait two years. I haven't seen any "system" since Smart has been here and if he has one he sure as hell hasn't recruited to it. Back to back supposedly top 8 recruiting classes only to battle for the cellar. Moreover watching this team is like watching the torture scene in marathon man.
    I would rank Smart about 8 out of the 10 coaches in the league. Most everyone is young in college bb these days.He doesn't look like he wants to be here and is just cashing checks until he is shown the door to his next mid major job. Why wait.

• Like Like x 2
  2. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

This

3. LonghornMD

LonghornMD 100+ Posts

For the record, I loved the Shaka Smart hire. I thought it was a homerun. It looked like a great hire. But as it turns out, I was wrong.

Shaka = C. Strong redux. The sooner we move on from him, the better. He'll be given another season because of the size of his contract. But his "work" at Texas has been horrendous. Recruiting has been great, but if that doesn't translate into wins, who cares? And recruiting for him is going to become harder and harder. Other coaches at other programs will point out the futility of playing for Texas under Shaka.

• Like Like x 2
  4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Like most I too, had high expectations for Shaka. Outside of recruiting his tenure has been very underwhelming. Writing is on the wall.... he'll be given another year but that's probably it unless next season is significantly better.