interesting revenge game

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by killerfrog17, Jan 12, 2009.

1. killerfrog17

killerfrog17 250+ Posts

You know, usually in a revenge game, you lost to the team you're looking for revenge against the last time you played. Yet the 2009 TX-OU game will have to be be considered a revenge game -for Texas!
    Intriguing.
    [​IMG]

2. longtex

longtex Guest

In reply to:

3. killerfrog17

killerfrog17 250+ Posts

Okay, fine! Better?

Tebow! (Jebus) [​IMG]

4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Actually, every year it's a revenge game!!

5. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

Nov. 7 will be another revenge game.

6. elmstreetdallas

elmstreetdallas < 25 Posts

Prediction: The November 7 Texas Tech game will be the loudest home game in the history of Texas Longhorn football. By a long shot.

98,000 very, very angry people.

7. EPThorn

EPThorn 500+ Posts

I have a gut feeling that neither of these games will be close next year. Especially Tech, who will be nastily mudholed .

There will be no more mr. nice guy for Mack and Co. in these two games.

8. BurntOrangeOnly

BurntOrangeOnly 500+ Posts

I sure hope EP is right.

Mudhole the bastids! [​IMG]

10. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

I think we mudhole both of those teams. I even already put angry faces on my calendar next to those games like a 12 y.o. girl.

I can not wait.

However, if there's a game that scares me next year, it's that unpleasantness on Halloween.

11. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I sure hope it is so freaking loud in DKR for the Tech game. I mean consistently and all game long no matter how much we score. I want it to be a miserable day or night for their fans, players and coaches. Not that I want our fans to be dicks or for there to be shenanigans. I just want it loud and relentlessly so. Up in their face like a can of mace.

12. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

13. The Drake

The Drake 250+ Posts

14. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

Ditto what loop said. [​IMG]

15. Max Powers

Max Powers 100+ Posts

16. Texas_Rocks

Texas_Rocks 500+ Posts

I'll bet our Sooner friends are going crazy over this thread. It's pretty safe to assume that they're reading some of these threads but afraid to log in and reply. But you know they want to in a bad way.

17. The Drake

The Drake 250+ Posts

Afraid of what? Seriously?

If Bradford is back, there is nothing to be scared of. Texas will probabky be favored. But since we again have a much tougher non-conference schedule, maybe not.

This o-line thing is way overblown. Our entire line next year will be sophmore & above and everybody has seen game action. The recieving corp is a worry, but that can jell pretty quick.

I'm just not sure why you think there is so much fear regarding UT. Colt always give you a chance and Shipley is a stud. Other than that, what? Maybe a RS or a freshman RB comes in (certainly possible) Your D had two studs in Roy Miller & Orapko. Is there a 1st day draft pick in the front 7 left?

I am not hear to say OU will or should win. If Bradford comes back be will be damn good again. I am not sure why you guys are seeing such a seperation between the 2 teams.

18. i plead da fif

i plead da fif < 25 Posts

There are a few reasons I see as to why there'll be a noticeable separation, and even with the whole rivalry thing and both sides getting up for it, we should have a comfortable lead by the end of the 3rd quarter.

1) Defense. Yes we lose a good amount of our (starting) front 7, but Kindle is moving to DE, which I think a lot of teams will come to find as scary. I don't think any college offensive tackle in the nation will have the combination of athleticism and strength to hold up for a whole game against him. A linebacker group (I almost said corps...) of Norton, Young Muck, and Keenan Robinson I think will surprise a lot of people. Especially with Robinson's speed. In addition, we'll have an older Lamarr Houston who is more than likely going to be the next DT stud for the Horns. A lot of the upcoming Dline got quality PT this year (Kindle, Houston, Acho, Eddie Jones.) Our entire secondary returns, who should be much improved. On top of that, our D will have another year under Muschamp. I think everyone respects Muschamp, especially in that in his first season, with as poor of a secondary we had this year (with both starting freshman safeties) we held EVERY team below their scoring average.

2) Our offense speaks for itself. OU couldn't stop it when we played them this past year, and they wont next year either.

3) Motivation. I think this Texas team will have the biggest chip on their shoulder that any Texas team in recent memory will have against OU (and that goes for Tech too.) I know the team would be happy with a win, but a lot of those guys I'm sure will not just be completely satisfied with just a win, but rather a 3 TD or more beat down.

OU isn't nearly as deep as we are. Our offense will be that much better with almost all starters returning, and they just wont be able to keep up or sub in enough talent to keep us in check. We ALL know who was the better team this year, because the damn game was played on a neutral field, and we won.

Man I hope Bradford is coming back!!