iOS 7

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Dionysus, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

What do you think of iOS 7? I think I like it overall. iOS 6 was looking pretty stale.

It runs well on my two year old 4s. I just placed my order for the 5s so the performance should be even better on the A7 chip. I’m really interested to use the improved camera in the 5s too.

Just heard that Blackberry is being sold for scrap. Weird, they were on top of the world just a few short years ago. Adapt or die, I suppose.

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

If I could I would give you my 5. I am an Android guy and work makes me carry a 5 so I am "that" guy with two phones. ugh

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Why carry the extra device — you just don’t like iOS?

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

My 5s arrived today, and it is much faster than the 4s. Everything is quick and smooth.

The fingerprint sensor seems to work well and is really convenient in lieu of entering a passcode for the phone, and especially as a replacement for my lengthy password for the App Store. New camera features look great but I haven’t had the chance yet to play with them much.

[​IMG]

5. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Dio, I have always been an Android guy and I really enjoy it. It's what I know and am comfortable with. I don't want to change numbers or have my personal data and info on a work phone. I think it's tacky and also not wise. Besides, their data plan is not really to my liking and aside from my not wanting to use it as a personal phone (as stated above) I don't want to pay more money for a better data plan.

So I tuck my personal one away on vibrate only and have the volume up on the trabajo one.

And I really would give it to you if I could.

6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

That makes sense l00p. Android looks like a good mobile OS to me. I go with iOS mostly because we all have Macs and iPads in our house, and it all just works together well in that world.

7. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I dig it. If I started out with Apple for a phone I would be bummed inheriting a Droid in this manner. I figured it out pretty quick and it is fun. I can see why Apple people are loyal. Both are good products with strong and weak points. I now have double the strong points. And I am "that guy" too.

I never pull 'em both out at the same time. And by them, for the perv's, I mean phones.

8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I like it so far, but still learning the new functions. Anyone have a favorite app for navigating and learning the changes? I'm sure there are a lot of functions I don't know exists.

New update came through last night to fix security bugs.

9. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

One new one I learned is that you can see the timestamps in Messages if you drag the message bubbles to the left. When you let go they pop back to the side. Pretty nice way to provide the data, but not clutter the screen if you don't want to see it all the time.

10. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Nice. That is helpful since I need to know data like that sometimes for return correspondence.

11. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

You can also make text whales. Very useful.

[​IMG]

12. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

13. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

I'll post this here as I think it may be related.....

I have a 4s and one day I noticed that the amount of space being taken up under the category "other" just exploded. I was down to just over 900mg. I found a discussion on a forum where someone suggested a remedy (Apple Support couldn't provide one) and, so far, I think it has worked. I now have over 5gb back on my phone.

Basically, I deleted all the music from my phone and rebooted. Then resync'd the phone.....voila, music is back and I have a ton of space restored.

No idea what caused the loss and whether this fix will stick.