Iraq demands US leave their country

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

There is an ongoing attack on the American Embassy in Baghdad happening right now. A mob breached the compound. American soldiers were on the roofs throwing tear gas and, perhaps, firing rifles. Shots were reportedly heard, but it's unclear exactly what's happened. Trump tweeted that it was an attack on the American Embassy by Iran and would be treated as such.

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

On Twitter the libs are saying this is Trump's Benghazi. Just when you thought they couldn't get stupider they raise the bar to another level.

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Do you want to correct your statement?

5. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  6. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

That's a line of ******** that way too many people believe.

7. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Shia Muslims pissed off that the US killed other Shia Muslims. Need to bring in military to get the people out of the embassy, then we need to get out of their country.

8. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Nothing to correct. Shia Muslim group operating in Shia controlled area of Iraq. Those people don't see Iran vs Iraq as different as us. They more see tribal and religious groups.

9. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

No, it is also Iranians and al Quds members. Iran is deep in Iraq and many of the Iraqi demonstrators who are being gunned down by Iranians are demanding they leave.

10. Phil Elliott

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The devil dogs are on the lawn
    And our ambassador didn't even have to send 29 cables begging for them first
    I dont know know if our resident 'progressives' will admit it or not, but i suspect they were hoping for another Benghazi. Think about that - libs were hoping Americans would die in this fake protest just to serve as a vehicle for them to criticize Trump. If you are doubtful, rmbr what they willingly did in Baltimore and Ferguson just in order to push a political narrative.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump should blame the embassy attack on a CNN video and arrest Jeff Zucker.
    It's what Obama would do/did

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It does make you wonder
    With Benghazi, terrorists attacked our embassy in Libya --
    -- Clinton-Obama-Biden refused to send help
    -- 4 Americans died
    -- They did manage to instantly launch a cover up
    -- And our crooked media joined in that cover up

How many Americans would’ve been left to die this time in Iraq with a President Hillary?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF
    THAT is a chilling thought. Thank God we only have to speculate.

Amazing that our POTUS got help to the embassy within minutes ( Apaches) and hours( Marines)
    Brings back the horror Obama etc forced the people at Bengahzi to endure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Didnt stop with that either

• Like Like x 1
  16. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  17. Phil Elliott

Every time you think the left has hit rock bottom in the We-Hate-America sweepstakes, they manage to dig a little deeper. These people are despicable.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Does anybody really understand why these people were protesting and then attacking the US embassy?

The US carried out an airstrike on a base of Iraqi militiamen. The US military hit what they thought was "Iran". It wasn't. It was Shiite militias that helped the US previously kick ISIS out of Northern Iraq.

The Pentagon who continues to show they have little understanding or willful ignorance of ME culture thinks any Shia group in Iraq is Iran. But Iraq is majority Shia. There is natural alignment between the Shia on both sides of the border. But it is NO excuse to claim that Iraqi Shia are in fact from Iran. It is a thin covering for either ignorance or malfeasance.

Let me repeat, those attacking/protesting the US embassy were Iraqis who had previously worked with US military to kick ISIS out. We bombed one of their bases. Now they are wanting US military to leave. Sounds reasonable to me.

19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

That makes a difference.Mona
    Is there a link that explains that?

20. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

One thing for certain, the US Media talks more about Benghazi now than they did when it happened under Obama/Hillary/Biden.

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

23. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

they were "a thing" ... at least a dozen of 'em all validated by normal military intelligence processes used to validate enemy positions.

2020 is gonna be a VERY interesting year. This demand will result in a closer tie to Russia, I think. The ideal is gonna grow.

I've said on here I thought 2019 would be the last year of "normal" as we've known it. I stand by that.

24. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

and hosted terrorist training camps (AQ?) ... as well as WMD ... we took so long deploying forces, Saddam coulda moved WMD in and out of Iraq 3 or 4 times.

25. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

WMD ... that got all the press. And was "amen'd" by all allies' intel. But as I wrote above, it was the slowest deployment of combat forces ... EVER ... I think. We moved the DDay troops faster than our forces were deployed in '02.

Also .... terrorist training camps in the mid-late 90s south of Bagdad (probably north, too)

26. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

This is a shot from the past ... but if this is true there can be a trace from the Obama administration's "leadership" of the Pentagon who "grew" these non-operational flag officers from those who were promoted during the 90s when the operational officers were deployed 300 plus days/year in "peacetime" ... and unable to accomplish the "promotion facilitating" "professional military education" "In Residence"

IOW ... we have FAR too many shoe clerks making big decisions in the Pentagon, and the Obama-era leadership which drove the doctrine used the politically correct shoe clerks to staff the "deciders" in the Pentagon ...

and now we have what you are identifying.

Trump has so much work to do, he's gonna need 4 or 5 terms to get things straightened-out.

27. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

Perhaps. there's always more to the story.

When we fratted the Canadians ... did they punt us? It's a tragedy and there needs to be some degree of accountability ... but "get out" because your Shia group looks like the enemy's Shia group?

meh.

I'm not summarily opposed to leaving 'em be. I expect we soon will. Probably not for reasons most would want, but it's gonna happen soon.

28. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I think at least temporarily. Most importantly to get Americans out of harms way. Keep them safe. Then further negotiation can occur to reestablish an embassy. The problem is the US military made a big mistake, killed some of these people or their close allies. They are merely wanting to protect their people from more death.

I am not saying have no relationship with Iraq. Keep talking. Learn their interestes better. See how that can align with ours better. But in the meantime, de-escalate. Back away. Apologize for the mistake. Sticking our chest out and shooting off more weapons won't help the situation.

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ive posted about this guy in the past - sounds like we got him this time

30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

? Others are reporting the bad General dude was killed by missles strike at Bagdad airport.
    Maybe from US