Iraq demands US leave their country

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Dec 27, 2018.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Foreign policy and feminism do not mix. If you obsessively live your self-image as a feminist over anything and everything then you find yourself shrilly in favor of abortion on demand while simultaneously calling Trump a misogynist while defending an Islamic country that oppresses women.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mona
    This "The thing none of these reports mention is that the drone strike also killed members of the PMU, which is an Iraqi security militia. These are the guys we partnered with to kick out ISIS."
    Alliances change all the time.
    If this info is correct then PMU was no longer working in our interests
    An American killed, 4 injured in heavy Iraqi Shiite rocket strike on US K-1 base near Kirkuk - DEBKAfile
    Plus so far the info coming out reports the others killed in attack were PMF
    Do you have a link showing we killed PMU in attack on Suliemani? Why would PMU been in the caravan with Suliemani?

4. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

CNN featured Sen Chris Murphy today who was criticizing Trump for taking out the general. Jake Tapper actually played a video Murphy made a few days ago stating Trump was not standing up to Iran after the embassy attack.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I am surprised CNN did this.
    They must have looked at their ratings
    Geez Louise I hate media and Dems trying to make Trump the bad guy AGAIN

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I thought I already attached articles saying that PMU were killed with Suliemanni. They are all working together as Shia Muslims do.

8. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Since the PMJ was working together with Suleimani to kill us they are no longer working with us. What is the problem with killing those who are planning to kill us?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Two scenario that could have happened:

Take action and kill Suleimani and prevent many other Americans from dying. He had a lot of plans he was developing. Democrats crying he killed a terrorist and we will have a World War III now.

or

Don’t kill Suleimani and have him implements his plan and kills many Americans. Democrats cry that we had the intelligence of what he was doing and we should have killed him.

Amazing how Trump can dictate the Democrats moves with 100% accuracy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Several days after the attack on the embassy in Baghdad and about 12 hours after US airstrike killed top Iranians, the USAF released a video of the Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit bomber in action. According to a defense blog, the vid includes part of that mission (out of Whiteman AFB).

This one is not from the mission but shows the effective force of the B-2 Stealth. Weapons bays open at :37

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A recent trove of Bin Laden documents shows there were many secret dealings between Iran and al-Qaeda. A 19-page document written by a senior member of al-Qaeda details an arrangement between Iran and AQ to strike American interests in "Saudi Arabia and the Gulf"

Trove of Bin Laden documents reveal Iran's secret dealings with al-Qaeda

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A good read from Politico (of all people) from 2017
    This stuff is key to understanding how we got to where we are today, if that is your goal

"The secret backstory of how Obama let Hezbollah off the hook An ambitious U.S. task force targeting Hezbollah's billion-dollar criminal enterprise ran headlong into the White House's desire for a nuclear deal with Iran."

PART I
    A GLOBAL THREAT EMERGES
    How Hezbollah turned to trafficking cocaine and laundering money through used cars to finance its expansion.

In its determination to secure a nuclear deal with Iran, the Obama administration derailed an ambitious law enforcement campaign targeting drug trafficking by the Iranian-backed terrorist group Hezbollah, even as it was funneling cocaine into the United States, according to a POLITICO investigation.

The campaign, dubbed Project Cassandra, was launched in 2008 after the Drug Enforcement Administration amassed evidence that Hezbollah had transformed itself from a Middle East-focused military and political organization into an international crime syndicate that some investigators believed was collecting $1 billion a year from drug and weapons trafficking, money laundering and other criminal activities.

Over the next eight years, agents working out of a top-secret DEA facility in Chantilly, Virginia, used wiretaps, undercover operations and informants to map Hezbollah’s illicit networks, with the help of 30 U.S. and foreign security agencies.

They followed cocaine shipments, some from Latin America to West Africa and on to Europe and the Middle East, and others through Venezuela and Mexico to the United States. They tracked the river of dirty cash as it was laundered by, among other tactics, buying American used cars and shipping them to Africa. And with the help of some key cooperating witnesses, the agents traced the conspiracy, they believed, to the innermost circle of Hezbollah and its state sponsors in Iran......"

The secret backstory of how Obama let Hezbollah off the hook

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some more on this link, this from the 9/11 Commission
    Soleimani oversaw these IRGC operations

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

They weren't planning to kill us. That is a lie. Kind of like how the military lied about Iraq, lied about Libya, and lied about Syria to justify war.

This is a long time strategy of US military to justify war. They lied about the USS Maine, the Lusitania, and the Gulf of Tonkin. Documentation has also come to light showing the they lied about Assad using chemical weapons on his own citizens which was justified for bombing. The Pentagon then covered up the report which showed the "moderate" Al Qaeda rebels had planted chemical weapons containers in order to blame Assad.

You may not like the source. I don't, but I like the level of detail and reporting. The whole thread of 17 tweets is pretty interesting.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  17. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

JF, definitely some tangled webs you are showing between Al Qaeda and others. But also bear in mind that Iran has also allied with the US to fight Al Qaeda too. There are no clear good and bad guys in the ME. It is why I am so vocal about getting out of the Middle East. Let's get out there and let these bad guys fight each other, which they do with or without us, without having any more Americans die there.

18. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I thought this was a good perspective from someone who was in the military. He is a Progressive, so I won't agree with him on much, but he is knowledgable on the goings on in Iraq.

I don't agree with his comments on Trump, to be clear.

Trump’s Illegal, Impeachable Act of War

19. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I also think it is disingenuous when people throw in the word "Iran-backed" before any of these groups. Iran is associated with all kinds of Shia groups around the world. That doesn't mean Iran should be blamed for the actions of any Shia group around the world.

It is simply a way to try to implicate Iran and justify more killing. Iraq has been trying to get the US out of their country since 2008. Their democratically elected Parliament that the US helped create voted to getUS military out. Why don't we respect their democratic choice and national sovereignty? That is where much of the violence today is coming from. The US at this point is an uninvited guest who refuses to leave.

For some background on this, I have linked an interview. It is an hour long, but informative.

Scott Horton on Trump’s Assassination of Soleimani - The Libertarian Institute

20. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Here is Tucker Carlson saying basically the same thing as the others I have posted.

21. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

So, by calling this Trump's Benghazi, the media must think this was a good thing. They liked the Benghazi thing, so they must be happy with Trump.

22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Anonymous sources? What officials? What have we learned about the MSM over the last 3 years? Maybe it's true but I wouldn't trust any of this.

23. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

The link is a must read

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I've always felt this part is an overstatement

25. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

They are backed by Iranian money. Some are under direct control of Iran and some are not. However, they are getting the cash. It's not just our intel that says this. I'm just curious how you know all of this. How do you know more than all of the intel agencies in the world?

Why did we kill the general? Do you have that info to why we did? Without that you, Tucker and my opinion doesn't mean much, does it? Trump has hinted it was to prevent something but we don't know what.

26. Horn2RunAgain

Rukmini needs to name her sources. Otherwise I'll be well served in not believing her

27. Horn2RunAgain

OK, how many times is someone going to say "look, here's a guy who served in the military! HE knows what he's talking about"

Many of us that served know there are many types that served. Some with honor, some not. Most go on with their lives, some become honest citizens, some use the "look at me, I'm a VET" to make it seem like they and they alone know wtf is going on

I read his nonsense. I have my opinion, he has his. Met a lot like him while I served. I'll pass

28. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I don't disagree with your comments. It is why I said most here won't like the source. But her report is no different than what the US military is reporting. It is all anonymous as well. What I thought was interesting about her twitter thread is that there is some discussion around details. It's more detail than what the government is giving us. Trust the detail not the source.

My other point in that post was to point out all the times the US military has lied to the American people to justify war. Pretty much every time.

29. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

It is a clear statement of fact. We literally worked with Suliemannie to fight Al Qaeda in Iraq. That is why the things you reported were confusing to me about them working together. We are literally attacking the people we fought along side against ISIS.

30. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

You completely missed my point. My point was that it is disingenuous to blame Iran for things that other people have done even though there is some kind of tie. It is a lazy slur influence opinion.

That is the big question to me. Who knows. I am pretty sure it wasn't because there some imminent threat. That was the point of the twitter thread. More or less this is an ongoing tit for tat that is escalating. It is a conflict that has been going on since the US took down Saddam Hussein.