Iraq demands US leave their country

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

That is fine as long as you are consistent and don't believe the US military either. They haven't given sources or detail. Rukmini gave more detail than anyone else. I will go with that until someone comes out and provides more information or a better explanation of the facts.

2. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I thought he has some good things to say about the Iraq, Iran, US love triangle. I didn't care for his criticism of Trump and some of the more extreme claims. But the perspective of the US being somewhere where they are not wanted and assassinating government officials is important to think through. Think about how you would feel if Iran assassinated the top US general or DOD Sec. in Mexico with a drone strike? You would have a whole different opinion.

3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Do we have a top US general who has been declared a terrorist by the world? Is this U.S. general trying to kill innocents in the name of his god? Geez, man.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Given the problems NYT has had in terms of truthful reporting, accuracy etc, I'll pass on them. Give some sources, then we're onto something

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I would like to ask anyone who has said we should not have killed the murderous Suleimani who was going to kill even more Americans since it has made the Iranians angry
    Ask them if they are willing to go to Iran etc and take the place of any American so the whiners could get killed by Suliemani instead of other Americans and Iran would not be angered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

For any who choose not to believe our military a friend just texted me Reuters is reporting Suleman met with Iraqi military and ordered them to step up attacks on Americans using the more sophisticated weaponry Iran would provide.
    Reuters
    He did not send a link. I will try to find.
    Found the link. Can not paste
    Inside Suliemani's plot to attack US forces.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  7. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Do you realize that there have been close to a million killed in Iraq, many of them noncombatants, since the US attacked them? Even if the US is responsible for only 10% of them that means US generals have killed way more Iraqis than Soliemanni has killed Americans.

So who is the terrorist if we are honest? Who has caused more terror?

8. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

First, there is no evidence that he was going to kill any more Americans. That was an assertion with no factual basis.

Second, Suliemanni has blood on his hands as much as any other military commander in that area of the world. On a moral basis I have no problem with his death. But if you look at the whole context of who he was and everything else that is going on in Iraq, it would be far better just to leave the murderers to themselves.

I don't understand you last statement. Just wishing death on people you don't agree with isn't good. At all.

Third, if the US military would have left Iraq when we agreed to with a written treaty, no Americans would be in danger and all this mess would be between factionsi in Iraq. But the US military forced its stay there and things have gotten uglier. Can no one admit at least some fault? Do we, the US, have a right to occupy any country we want to at any time regardless of the wishes of the country? That doesn't sound reasonable to me.

9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

These people, like Rep Slotkin wish death on Americans including people she knows so we don't upset the Iranians. If an American death is acceptable to them then let them be the ones who die.

No evidence he was planning to kill more Americans? You think the gov't lied. Do you think Reuters lied with their report Suliemani ordered Iraq to use Iranian supplied weaponry to kill Anericans? Reuters is no fan of Trump

10. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Inside the plot by Iran’s Soleimani to attack U.S. forces in Iraq

Horn6721, here is the article. It provides some good detail, rivaling the report from the NYT I posted earlier. Sounds more plausible to me that something more imminent was coming.

I guess my only question remaining is why are we in Iraq if Iraq and Iran are both wanting us out? Regardless of how good or bad they are, what right do we have to force our stay? Since we are there killing Suliemanni and other threats to protect our people is okay. But I still have a question with the bigger picture.

11. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, I don't agree with Slotkin or anyone wishing death to Americans. I am not even trying to excuse Iran if that sounds like I am, I just am trying to figure out how to reduce the amount of death.

The article you referenced sounds plausible, but the government lies all the time I have to have some kind of evidence they didn't at this point. I think the Reuters article was the most reliable so far.

12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Since Iraq wanted us back to defeat ISIS and we more or less did we should leave . Do we know talks about us leaving have not taken place?
    When was ISIS devlared defeated?
    Until we leave is it too much to expecf that Iran not order Iraq to kill us? Plus we will keep our embassy open. Iran should not be allwed to attack it

13. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Did Iraq want us back or did we involve ourselves in the war with ISIS? Asking, I don't know the detail.

Don't know what talks recently, but do know the Iraqi Parliament voted to negotiate our exit years ago.

Until we leave we should protect ourselves. No one has a right to kill us just like we don't have a right to kill them.

I just want to end the entanglements so issues like this don't have to be discussed and debated. It isn't clear what is happening, who is right or wrong, who are our allies or opponents, etc. It would be better to get out of the mess instead of being in one.

14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Totally agree better not to get entangled and Trump seems like he does not want endless entanglements
    Iraq asked us to come back to help fight ISIS. We did and they seem defeated except in some of western provinces.

It is time to leave.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Innocent people dying due to the actions of evil people is not exactly the same as terrorism. Iraq and the militias are responsible for these deaths in Iraq, not us. If Iraq had complied with the ceasefire terms presented under the terms of Resolution 687, none of this happens. Using your logic we are worse than the Axis Powers because we killed more of them than us and we won the war. Japan and Germany are responsible for the death of their civilians, not us. To even imply that we are terrorists is ******* absurd. We're done talking here because I don't have much use for this libertarian crackpot nonsense.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  16. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I don't follow your logic. When the US military kills people they are responsible for those deaths. When other groups kill they are responsible. Regardless of the bad other people did, when the US does bad we need to be honest.

I am not comparing the US to the Axis. I am just trying to get people to think about how others see us. The US labeling people terrorists is fine, but that doesn't excuse our actions in the region or mean that we are without guilt, meaning the label itself is of limited value. I actually think when you involve yourself in a bloody situation everybody involved gets blood on their hand. My point is we should get out of the situation.

The libertarian viewpoint on the war is the view of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and other founders. I think they were right. Do you think they were crackpots and full of nonsense?

17. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Yes, my best friend was killed by an IED likely as a result of this piece of scum. I hope he suffered when the drone hit him.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Do the left actually believe what they spew?

They can’t be this dumb can they?

Unbelievable

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The protests are starting here in the US over the drone attack. The problem with hatred is that you won't believe anything except what your hate tells you to believe. The absolute love Liberals show to Muslims is shocking to me given the homophobia and misogynistic fundamentalism. It is why I would never trust a Liberal to run our country. It is a sick form of hypocrisy. Beyond the pale.

I'm not taking up for Trump's actions because I don't know if this is the smart realpolitik action but there is no way the Left is about peace. They are about political power and fear amongst the snowflake ranks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The American Liberal is outed as hypocrites of the highest order because these Muslim clerics are violent homophobes and misogynists. But like LeBron James, Popovich and Kerr who covered for China, the local hatred of Trump makes Liberals a danger to our union and evidence of their pathological hysteria and egomania. They are not stable in their political actions. Their inability to incorporate a global view that links to their core values indicates their core values are not progressive idealism, but instead an assuage of their emotional deficiencies. I'm not talking about Democrats. I'm talking about the Trump haters.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

3,000 people died 9-11-01

“some people did something”. Ilhan Omar

President Trump has a known terrorist who has killed many Americans assassinated.

“We are outraged the president would assassinate a foreign official”. Ilhan Omar

This is a United States Congress Woman. How the hell did she ever become a Congress woman in the United States?

The start of a Trojan Horse?

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

As Mr. Deez has stated; she and AOC have benefited from the white virtue signaling Liberal who wish to be seen as good. They voted for a social demographic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I am tired of all these people saying yes Suliemani was a really bad man BUT should Trump have killed him?
    HOW else would he have been stopped?

• Agree Agree x 4
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Shot & chaser

SHOT
    [​IMG]

CHASER
    [​IMG]

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Let's see. Iraq begged us to send our men and women money weaponry and expertise to help them defeat ISIS
    Yet they think this BS vote is a bad thing for us???

27. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  28. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Exactly.

29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

What would inflame the Muslim world more? The assassination of bin Laden or this General? In both instances the national sovereignty of Muslim countries was violated. Osama bin Laden was possibly the highest profile martyr and symbol of Pan-Arab anger and fundamentalism. This General was a tool.

I wonder if this General is accountable for more American deaths than on 9/11. Maybe not but how many is too many?

30. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

It’s amazing to me that anybody would vote Democrat in any election until they come back to being Americans again.

• Agree Agree x 2