Irish postpone next game...

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by George Bailey, Sep 23, 2020.

1. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

2. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

The season as as a whole is on the precipice of doom. The idea it's going to get anything but worse is to seriously misjudge. Hope I'm as wrong as wrong gets. The idea of any Big 10 player testing positive being ineligible for 21 days is a comedy worthy of Shakespeare.

Everything I've heard indicates this was a concession to the presidents of Michigan and Michigan State so the vote.to play would be unamious. Personally I'd of told both of them to go piss up a rope.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  3. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

CFB should follow the NASCAR model. It works.
    NASCAR requires two negative tests within 48 hours of each other. No mandatory 14 day quarantine. 21 days is just stupid.

Jimmie Johnson tested positive. He is in super shape otherwise (trains for marathons and such). He was asymptomatic. In less than a week, he was able to produce two negative tests within 48 hours. Missed only one race.

4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Testing is stupid. When have we ever tested people for a virus when they show no symptoms of anything? Total BS.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

When they can carry the disease and spread it even though they show no symptoms?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

2020 Season = exhibition & entertainment

7. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Well, let me think. Before I could enroll at UT in 1970, I had to be tested for TB. Before I could obtain a marriage license in 1974, I had to be tested for venereal disease. I had no symptoms for any of those. Food service workers have to be tested for multiple diseases when they don't have symptoms. I'm sure there are others as well.

• Like Like x 2
  8. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Thank goodness the 1974 marriage license law was dropped by 1986.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. horninchicago

Ah, yes, TB. The disease that kills over 1 million worldwide, annually. Did you have to wear a mask, socially distance, and close your business by no choice?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Some people would not have been able to get a marriage license if they hadn’t stopped requiring a Wasserman.

11. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

We’re close to 1 million COVID deaths worldwide right now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. horninchicago

So what? Based on a bunch of false reporting, but you probably know that.

• poop poop x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. horninchicago

I'll bow out of this thread. Don't care about football this year, and I am likely to go West Mall in here.

14. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

HIC, better watch out for the po-po.:smile1:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

No doubt. Talk about invasive bs.... unless you're on a bender and pulling up to a drive through wedding chapel in Vegas with someone you met a few hours ago, you've had that part of your relationship long figured out by the time you're tying the knot.

Oh, and go , fight , win collegiate football team from the Austin metro area ( << on topic :idk: )

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. rick mueller

Believe it or not, in the 1st half of the '70's, cohabitation and premarital bang bang was still something you didn't tell yo' mama about. Okay, you're right back to football!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  17. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

And unknowingly spread the disease to class mates with co morbid conditions or to family members in vulnerable groups.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Do you really think these athletes on campus now are running home to family and infecting any family members at risk?
    Do you really think any family member of any athlete is unaware of their own risk?
    Give people some credit

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. rick mueller

Nick Saban made the point that the players are safer being in the football program than they would be at home. Can't disagree with him. Frequent testing, staying within their circle, and not socializing are pluses. I think sports are going to go better than expected. The NBA system worked very well, and with a few hiccups, baseball proceeded reasonably well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

That is true for every virus in existence and we have never tested for asymptomatic "cases" ever. It is complete hyper-sensitivity.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I never had to do that so maybe your anecdote doesn't apply. It also shows that the medical community had learned its lesson about how dumb that was until just now in 2020.

22. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

The other big problem is that contact tracing is roping in up to 16 extra people with 1 positive test for quarantine.

23. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

It is called asymptomatic carriers. Look it up.

24. BurntOrangeLH

Either that or it spreads out of control.

25. BurntOrangeLH

No, it is a hyper contagious novel virus. Few contagious viruses are asymptomatic. Usually if one has a virus, one is infected with all the consequences. Think polio or measles.

26. BurntOrangeLH

You are way too much ill informed. Yeah, people everywhere feigning sickness and death. Second oldest profession, blah blah blah

27. horninchicago

@BurntOrangeLH, you problem is that you can never disagree in an agreeable way. I don't agree with practically anything you ever have to say, so quoting me 3 times and being snarky about it just proves why.

Feel free to put more on Ignore. Actually, I'll save you the trouble and ignore you from now on.

28. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Oh my gosh. You are so smart. I have never heard of that before. Thank god you're on this forum. :rolleyes1:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  29. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

You have the false assumption that it can be controlled. You also have a false lack of nuance that equates having a virus in you with being sick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

This is complete and utter ********. We all have influenza, corona, and other kinds of viruses living in us right now. They evolve in order to live within without producing symptoms.

• Like Like x 2