IRS to Enforce Health Reform

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by wewokahorn, Mar 23, 2010.

1. wewokahorn

wewokahorn 250+ Posts

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Nothing would surprise me based on all the hidden crap and bribes that are coming out
    BUT while this expansion of the IRS is not in the Senate bill could they be in the House reconciliation bill that now must be passed by the Senate.
    Or perhaps they plan on adding this measly 19 Billion to the Doc Fix of 31 Billion that also isn't in the bill or reconciliation

3. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

[triplehorn] but, but, government healthcare will have far less overhead than private healthcare[/triplehorn]

4. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

5. FridayNiteLites

FridayNiteLites 500+ Posts

I imagine the IRS was placed in charge of this because they collect "taxes". If you refuse to pay for health care and are fined, they will use the IRS to say that they are collecting taxes on the individuals, not fines. The Dems laid it out to get around the Constitution. The judges will have to determine the meaning of interstate commerce, and if this fits. It's all a ruse. I hope the SCOTUS sees it as that.

6. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

I wonder if Obama is wishing he hadn't of called out the Supreme Court during his last official State of the Union.

As much as I think this HC bill tramples on the Consititution, I don't think the SC will do much about it.

And the last thing we needed is more or increased government agencies.

7. FridayNiteLites

16,000 new IRS agents, and I think I read there will be over 100 new governmental agencies overseeing the new bureaucracy this puts into motion.

8. Texas007

Texas007 1,000+ Posts

9. FridayNiteLites

It will be as effective as the USPS, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, War on Poverty, Department of Energy... the list goes on