China

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And she's hot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Hope she washes her hands before she touches the food.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So this is pretty weird -- The woman is Hexin Jiang. She bought up all the N95 masks in Florida and even up the East Coast. She knew what was coming. The video was taken before Florida got hit and I think about the time New York was getting it. She laughs at the stupidity of the dumb Americans letting her buy them out of all supplies, time after time, store after store. She hoarded everything she could get he hands on, even taking her husband and kid along and filled up the family truck as many times as possible. Why? She has an online store in China. Resold it all. How much did she make?

There are many thing you can say about this. To me, it's a great metaphor for how the United States handled trade with China before Trump. They could not believe how dumb we were. Laughed at us, while making all the money they could off us.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I can see an entire new Disney character buildout - "The Princess Nurse"

Which raises the immediate question -- will the royalty be entitled to royalties?

But I know what you are thinking
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So what Hexin Jiang^^^ is caught doing in Florida (buying up all the N95 masks on the East Coast and re-selling them for profit in China) is more common than I thought. There are a bunch of them. They are "professional shoppers" or daigou. And what they are doing is circumventing import tariffs and taxes.

In the video below, another daigou is buying baby milk powder to resell it at a profit in China. Chinese daigus are a growing problem Australia, Japan, Singapore and Malaysia. And now the US I guess.

The tweet caption here is wrong - it was written by some knee jerk lefty who was, as we often see, too dumb and lazy to recognize what was really happening here. This was not racism. It was opposition to daigous buying up all the local supply of milk powder for personal profit, leaving none for the locals.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

With the exception of Germany, US coronavirus deaths adjusted for population (fatalities per million) are lower than every Western European country -- including Britain, Spain, Italy and France.
    And the US testing rate per million is higher than Britain, Spain, France and Switzerland

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Germany France Italy UK Spain. Even the crap on the plane the Patriots Sent over to get are all defective
    How could China think this will help their standing in the world?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

There will be hell to pay for them moving forward. Companies are going to stop doing business there and many people including myself will no longer buy anything with the words "made in China" on it. They are immoral POS. The best thing is they go their way and we go ours. They can pound sand for all I care, they have proven to be a dishonest and shameful country run by some very bad people.

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I feel the same way. However, I've felt that way for 20 years. When we granted them Most Favored Nation status and sold them missile technology in the late '90s, I knew it was a big mistake. In fact, that was obvious to pretty much every sane adult.

However, I don't think they'll pay a big long-term price, because the public largely isn't outraged by them. Furthermore, the business community likes the cheap labor, and the public likes the cheap **** they sell. We like paying $400 for that HDTV instead of $700.

And of course, it's pretty clear that the American media is largely favorable to China and quick to play the race card for them, which heavily blunts any hostility Americans have toward them. If our media had mindlessly repeated Goebbels's talking points as facts and reality and attacked the motives and morality of anyone who challenged them, would we have gone to war with Nazi Germany? Probably not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I could not help but visualize Samuel L Jackson while reading that line

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think in Calif, it is illegal to lay off diversity coordinators
    For the rest, which has the weakest union?

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Chinese bought Smithfield Foods (HQ Virginia) in 2013

15. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Germany must be as xenophobic as Trump. *snicker*

• Like Like x 2
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You can be all three

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  17. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Maybe it's time we take a page out of China's handbook and take over control of Smithfield Foods. Of course that is a rabbit hole I don't want to go down, but when a foreign entity has us by the balls you have to take him by the throat.

18. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Part of a plan? Just asking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

If you are asking, I'd say no, not a plan, but rather a reaction.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

From Feb 3
    No word on what they were spreading at the time

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Holy ****. No wonder they got a whole factory infected with the Kung Flu. Those ********.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Damn, that sucks. I like Smithfield's ham and bacon. Didn't know it was Chinese communist bacon. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There's a different agenda. German media isn't trying to destroy Angela Merkel, so they don't mind being honest about China rather than calling them "a scapegoat."

24. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

A recent outbreak at Smithfield’s pork processing plant in Sioux Falls, S.D., is now one of the largest Covid-19 hotspots in the U.S., with 644 confirmed cases tied to the facility. The Smithfield outbreak represents nearly half of all confirmed cases in that state.

Now, the Wisconsin plant, which employs more than 1,000 workers, has more than two dozen confirmed cases and closed down on Wednesday for cleaning and sanitation.

Last week, Fox6 News, a local news affiliate, reported on rising tensions within the Cudahy plant, with many workers expressing fear that the company was not doing enough to prevent an outbreak. Fox6 News obtained records from the Cudahy Health Department showing at least 28 cases at the facility. William Garron, a former union rep, also told Fox, “They really trying to hide the number.” Following the report, Smithfield announced plans to close the plant for cleaning, and said only partial crews would work intermittently.

25. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

One of the largest outbreaks in an organization owned by Chinese. Obviously, they never saw it coming. Aw shucks, must be Trump's fault.

• Funny Funny x 3
  26. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

In response to national attention to the spread of the disease at the South Dakota plant, Smithfield announced last week that it would temporarily close some plants in Missouri and North Carolina.

In a statement published on the Smithfield Foods website, Chief Executive Kenneth Sullivan struck a defiant tone.

“We have a stark choice as a nation: we are either going to produce food or not, even in the face of COVID-19,” wrote Sullivan. The current push to temporarily close plants for cleaning, he added, “is pushing our country perilously close to the edge in terms of our meat supply.”

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

China recruits our own scientists to work against us

The Department of Justice announced today that the Chair of Harvard University’s Chemistry and Chemical Biology Department and two Chinese nationals have been charged in connection with aiding the People’s Republic of China.

Dr. Charles Lieber, 60, Chair of the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at Harvard University, was arrested this morning and charged by criminal complaint with one count of making a materially false, fictitious and fraudulent statement. Lieber will appear this afternoon before Magistrate Judge Marianne B. Bowler in federal court in Boston, Massachusetts.

Yanqing Ye, 29, a Chinese national, was charged in an indictment today with one count each of visa fraud, making false statements, acting as an agent of a foreign government and conspiracy. Ye is currently in China.

Zaosong Zheng, 30, a Chinese national, was arrested on Dec. 10, 2019, at Boston’s Logan International Airport and charged by criminal complaint with attempting to smuggle 21 vials of biological research to China. On Jan. 21, 2020, Zheng was indicted on one count of smuggling goods from the United States and one count of making false, fictitious or fraudulent statements. He has been detained since Dec. 30, 2019.

Harvard University Professor and Two Chinese Nationals Charged in Three Separate China Related Cases

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Germans asked Xi,

“Why are your toxic laboratories not as secure as your prisons for political prisoners?”
    Hopefully it is not too late for the Germs to wake up about Huawei

From fentanyl to Huawei to tik tok to the coronavirus, the Chinese are not our friends

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Good Carlson segment
    (1) the first move by the Chinese Govt is always to lie
    (2) the New York Times knew about the origins of the virus, but still refuses to report on it